Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Oooop Norf to t'Channel Tunnel – which route?
  • smogmonster

Heading from North Yorkshire to Sainte Foy on Friday, via the Channel Tunnel. Anyone done the journey able to advise which is better, the A1 or the M1? It'll be mid friday afternoon so it may well be a mare either way, but any experiences to offer?

BigJohn

Do yourself a favour and set off later on friday evening. You'll probably get there sooner.

khani
    Free Member
    fogliettaz
    Free Member

If you come down the A1 take the A14 @ Huntingdon through to Cambridge and then the M11 join the M25 at Junction 27 from there only about 15 miles to Dartford bridge.

fogliettaz
    Free Member

Oh by the way enjoy Ste Foy, I am there in 2 weeks time.

Scottlacey
    Free Member

I don't know what time you have to be at folkstone by but getting over the bridge (dartford) on a Friday afternoon/late evening can be a nightmare, On a good day 1/2 hour to a couple of hours.

I'm sure others who live near the tunnel/bridge will say the same?

khani
    Free Member

2 juntions down from dartford here, as said get round the m25 before 3ish or your gonna be on it for a while, a long long while, also 2nd the a1 a14 m11, you miss a lot of the m25 out, its only 3 juntions to dartford from the m11, where as the a1 is only one or two juntions from the m1 and about 30ish miles round the ring of doom, which can take up to 4 hours and is soul destroying
    its hell 😯

ianv
    Free Member

A1 M11 etc, way quicker BUT more speed cameras

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Oooop Norf to t'Channel Tunnel – which route?’ is closed to new replies.