Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Oooooooooooooooooh – I just can't make my mind up. Help!
  • binners

My Pace RC305 frame is being dropped off to be powder coated in half an hour. I can’t decide what colour to have it though. The favourite options (which change by the minute) are either chocolate brown, baby blue or orange. Or possibly grey

What do you reckon? Your suggestions please. With accompanying photos to back up your opinions please

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

mud brown then you don’t have to clean it!

wwaswas

Orange coloured bikes are bestest.

I don’t need pics to back up my assertion, ‘cos I’m right.

RustySpanner

chocolate brown, baby blue or orange

All too trendy.

Go classic: A nice BRG, navy, pillar box red or (my favourite) a purplish Nissan Skyline/Ridgeback blue.

For God’s sake man, there’s enough grey and brown in the world without deliberately adding more!

binners

I’m inclined to agree with you wwaswas

Trimix
    Free Member

Nice solid tough looking colour, none of those mamby pamby fashioable colours that will look dated in a short while. +1 for Orange, or BRG.

clubber
    Free Member

Purple is the choice of champions.

RustySpanner

Orange is for Laverdas.
    On anything else it just makes you look like you’ve got ADHD.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Grey looks like primer.

I’d go brown. If they could do a metallic brown like the Spesh Pitch or Tricross, even better.

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

The best colour I’ve seen, at least on photo’s on here, is that Candy red that Intense do. Just stunning and wouldn’t go out of fashion. IMO Orange is a passing fad, and you’ll look like Easyjet coming down the hill

Edit: purple would look sweet, and the metallic brown colour option on Santa Cruz looks very nice in the flesh

binners

Right. Thanks for the advice/opinions. I’m still favouring orange. Or a metallicy brown. I’m off to drop it in now. so I’ll see what they’ve got. I shall report back presently

Tally ho

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Telemagenta FTW!!!! 🙂

clubber
    Free Member

Telemagenta FTW!!!!

That really should have been posted on my fugly bikes thread 😉

Teetosugars
    Free Member

clubber – Member

Telemagenta FTW!!!!

That really should have been posted on my fugly bikes thread

Pfft…. 😈

Oh, ok, Orange then…

edd

RED bikes go faster – fact!

kudos100
    Free Member

You can have any colour as long as it’s orange.

wwaswas

My orange bike in Springier times;

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Orange.

DaRC_L

like what t’others said – there are many shades of orange

clubber
    Free Member

Poo also comes in many shades 🙂

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

It does. I’ve been eating liver in red wine. With some tomatoes and broccoli. 😯

messiah
    Free Member

Beetroot poo brown 😉

brassneck

Green – check out the Kinesis Virsa (or Virtue).

None more green. I love riding it, never see any other green bikes out and about.

I_Ache
    Free Member

To bring the thread vaguely back on track. I agree with this but can the translucent red be powdercoated on or is it paint on only? I know they can do clear powder but would they be able to mix a little red in with it to produce the Intense effect?

[/url]
    Intense Slopestyle Large Works Red Pearl 02 by erikkellison, on Flickr[/img]

devs
    Free Member

Bronze! It’s like a cross between orange and brown. I’ve only seen one (a singular 29er I think) and it looked lush.

chakaping
    Free Member

Nobody’s said yellow – so I reckon you should go for that.

tree-magnet
    Free Member

Baby blue!

binners

Right!!!! Orange it is!!!! That seemed to be the most popular choice. I shall post pics upon its return 😀

Ax3M4n
    Free Member

orange is plain wrong!!

Someone hit the perfect colour earlier on….

It is in fact called Candy Apple Red. It’s a DuPont colour, and was a popular USA car colour in the Sixties, and is in revival.

I have a Fender Strat in Candy Apple – I shit you not – it is the most gorgeous colur there is and you will never get tired of looking “into” it.

It’s a silver metallic base covered in translucent red. Take a look at the car body in this thread….

Candy Apple Red Cobra

gcaster
    Free Member

Fluo orange is where it’s at.

jools182
    Free Member

that cotic baby blue is well nice

binners

My Intense 5.5 is baby blue. I love it. But I can’t have 2 bikes that colour as people will assume I’m a City Fan. And no man should have to suffer that kind of indignity.

I remember when Hutch BMX’s came in that lovely Candy Apple Red

binners

Morning all. I picked the frame up last night. It is very very orange indeed. Not orange enough though. So I gave it a few coats of a deeper orange spray.

I’m just waiting for the (white) stickers to turn up from Pace, then I’ll post pictures up of the end result. I think its going to look luuuuuuuurverley

MentalMickey
    Free Member

Red bikes seem to go faster but brown for British mud seems to make more sense.

hora
    Free Member

[url=http://www.caporsche.net/images/carspreviouslysold/911/SignalYellow71SCoupe/images.html]Signal yellow is the only colour you should choose[/url]

duntstick
    Free Member

+1 for the Signal yellow. I had a Cannondale Jekyll in a similar colour. I think they darkened it slightly with a touch of red in the mix.

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Oooooooooooooooooh – I just can't make my mind up. Help!’ is closed to new replies.