Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • ooooh – motorcycle pron
  • BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

works for me….

benjag
    Free Member

better than the cack red frame on the R1

epicyclo

Looks nice, but it’s a Triumph…

compositepro
    Free Member

whats up with triumph??lol

Pigface
    Free Member

That is a very pretty bike.

benjag
    Free Member

I’ve demo’d a 1050 tiger and the engine is fantastic.

richtea
    Free Member

i’m demoing the naked version of that on saturday. can’t wait, have heard nothing but good stuff about it

thepodge
    Free Member

take all the plastics off, stick some small twin headlights on it and i might be interested. however why anyone needs (ok wants) anything over 600cc is beyond me. I’ve has 128mph out of mine on my own (it was still climbing when I chickened out and backed off) and 110mph with pillion (very silly but fun) and its a slightly shonkey 1999 600 Fazer.

franki
    Free Member

take all the plastics off,

That was my first thought…

bensales
    Free Member

Very pretty, but not enough cylinders or ccs for me.

Those who want to take the plastics off…

YoungDaveriley
    Free Member

The 675 is one pretty bike….Saw and heard a DesmoSedici last sunday.What a machine! What a noise!

thepodge
    Free Member

still need to loose the belly pan

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

take all the plastic off, stick some small twin headlights on it and i might be interested. however why anyone needs (ok wants) anything over 600cc is beyond me.

I’ve just done 1600 miles on a 1000cc Aprilia – thank **** for the fairing. 4 or 5 hours a day of windblast just do not appeal to me. At all. And neither does riding along a motorway carrying a weeks worth of stuff in hard luggage with a 600cc engine.

Also FWIW the 675 is so called because it’s engine capaity is, would you believe 675cc. Is your head really so far up your ar5e that 75cc is outside your comprehension or riding ability?

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Very pretty, but not enough cylinders

nah, one too many for me, but the fairing hides that

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

I love Triumphs I do…

Don’t know what you mean – more than 600cc… mine’s got 955 and is marvelous!

Get your point on fairing though, but then it just acts as a speed limiter I find. Can’t sit at anything much above 80mph for too long 😉 I managed to hit 98 once, but the wind blast just about took my head off!

Big naked bikes is where it’s at!

Found the Daytona a wee bit too small for me – very narrow bars and all… oddly I did find the Street Triple much, much more comfortable. The Sprint and Tiger keep tempting me too, but I think the next one… probably going to be a Triumph Scrambler, cos they rock!!!!

thepodge
    Free Member

Also FWIW the 675 is so called because it’s engine capaity is, would you believe 675cc. Is your head really so far up your ar5e that 75cc is outside your comprehension or riding ability?

bloody hell, calm down. maybe you should have spent that time some where relaxing so you didn’t come back a grouch.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

..or you could just make a bit of an effort to find out what you’re talking about BEFORE talking out your ar5e? Or is picking up on you talking nonsense me being a grouch?

Sorry, didn’t realise that would hurt your feelings.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

..or you could just make a bit of an effort to find out what you’re talking about BEFORE talking out your ar5e? Or is picking up on you talking nonsense me being a grouch?

Sorry, didn’t realise that would hurt your feelings.

Found the Daytona a wee bit too small for me

yup – 6’2″. Got on and straight back off. Also, it pitches too weight on your wrists for me.

epicyclo

compositepro – Member
    whats up with triumph??lol

Mine used to rattle and leak oil, and the sprung hub tried to kill me when I rode it over the Corrieyairack in 1968 🙂

Northwind

That’s HORRIBLE Bigbutslimmerbloke… Why can’t Triumph do colours? From that orrible black and gold 675 all the way back through the “nuclear red” pink Speed triples, they’re just awful at it. How hard is it to paint the bikes yellow, red, white, british racing green or black?

waihiboy
    Free Member

christ i’d sh*t my CBT pants on that thing!

how can you ride those sports bikes your back must be wrecked after 50 miles!!???

give me an upright anyday, then again what the hell do i know, i’ve only been riding since last October (through the winter I might add! :wink:) so what do i know!

uplink
    Free Member

how can you ride those sports bikes your back must be wrecked after 50 miles!!???

I once rode a Yamaha 350B – complete with clip-ons & rear-sets – all the way from Durham to the South of France for the Bol D’or [24hr race]
    It took 2 days, I can’t remember how may times I had to fill it up but it was a lot

It had an extreme riding position – similar to this

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

however why anyone needs (ok wants) anything over 600cc is beyond me

As said by someone who’s never ridden Speed Triple, Ducati Multistrada or something similarly grunty. Huge, effortless, supercar humbling grunt.
    😉

Having said that, I’ve just gone from this

To this

Loosing 1 cylinder, 259cc, 30bhp and about 35kg in the process. The S3 was a lovely bit of kit, with a stonking great sledgehammer of an engine, but the Monster is a crazy little bike. It makes me ride it like an utter tool and I can thrash the nuts off it, listen to the most fantastic induction roar and feel in complete control. It’s just FUN!

failedengineer

I love Triumphs too. I’m currently on my fourth Hinckley Triumph – TT600, 2 x 955 Speed triples and now a Sprint ST 1050. I wish I’d kept the last Speed triple, though, the ST’s a bit heavy, particularly with a pillion. But what an engine!! Had a test ride on a Street triple last year, I would have got one, but not enough room for my partner, who is getting quite keen on going out on the bike. I’m thinking of going ‘retro’ next time and getting a Bonneville – it would have the effect of slowing me down too, no bad thing at my age. Mind you, I saw a Ducati GT1000 ‘retro’ the other day, mmmmm.

Saw a Desmosedici at devil’s bridge a couple of weeks ago. It wouldn’t start on the button, had to be bumped!

thepodge
    Free Member

That’s HORRIBLE Bigbutslimmerbloke…

careful, he’s angry, he’ll start calling you blind or something

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

That’s HORRIBLE Bigbutslimmerbloke… Why can’t Triumph do colours?

No, horrible is that yellow (“pearlescent sunset yellow”) 675 or pink speed triple.
    or this horror from ducati

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

..although to be fair, it’s a lot nicer if you’re stting on it, not looking at it.

zaskar
    Free Member

Honda Engineering at it’s best ;O)

uplink
    Free Member

no need for the wink zaskar – you could be spot on

bensales
    Free Member

waihiboy

give me an upright anyday, then again what the hell do i know, i’ve only been riding since last October (through the winter I might add! :wink:) so what do i know!

I’m the opposite. I’m 6′ 3″ and 16 stone, yet I find my GSX-R1000 perfectly comfortable, even for touring…

I find upright bikes like the Bandit, Speed Triple, etc, uncomfortable as there is a lot of pressure on my lower back. A sportsbike position, admittedly puts a fair bit of weight on your wrists but that’s only at low speeds. Once you get going the wind supports you nicely.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

No, horrible is that yellow (“pearlescent sunset yellow”) 675 or pink speed triple.
    or this horror from ducati

Yes, the yellow is goppin’ but I like Multistradas. I like their oddness.
    I actually test rode one (an 1100S) with the Monster (I’d arrived on my S3) and I have to say they really are one astonishing motorcyle. It’s the only bike that made the S3 feel, err, a bit gutless….
    Truly breathtaking midrange, fantastically comfy and easy to ride, just not quite what I wanted.
    I then spent 45 mins thrashing the spuds off the Monster laughing like a loon. That’s what sells a bike to me…..

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

see if you can take a ducati that’s just a number, not a name for a test ride, ideally the 748 if you’re a bit on the big side.
    You’ll find it uncomfortable, difficult to control in town and totally impractical. Within half an hour, you’ll feel like like you’ll never be able to walk upright again and that your left wrist/forearm has more muscle mass than the rest of your body put together, and it all hurts. But then you’ll find yourself on a bit of open road where you can open it up a bit, and all sense of practicality disappears, and you’ll fall in love. Then on the way back, when it’s all downside, misery and pain, you’ll still want one anyway.
    You’ll do some research, you’ll find out about the servicing costs, and you’ll still want one.
    You’ll find out what the insurance is like, but you’ll still find yourself googling for images of “ducati 916 red”

why? who knows. the mysteries of motorcycling.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

You’ll find it uncomfortable, difficult to control in town and totally impractical. Within half an hour, you’ll feel like like you’ll never be able to walk upright again and that your left wrist/forearm has more muscle mass than the rest of your body put together, and it all hurts. But then you’ll find yourself on a bit of open road where you can open it up a bit, and all sense of practicality disappears, and you’ll fall in love. Then on the way back, when it’s all downside, misery and pain, you’ll still want one anyway.

Yep. With you on that. I’m not a sportsbike person, but there was a 996 in Snells and I very nearly did…..

My 696 is like that though.
    It’s not keen on towns. It’s a bit lumpy.
    The seat is a too hard (even my new touring seat’s not that good).
    The riding position is rather long armed.
    The forks are a bit stiff for me.
    It vibrates a bit….
    But then when the road clears and I wind it up, it makes the most astonishing noise. It begs and pleads to be thrashed. The gearbox is a delight so I change down just to hear the induction roar. I can tip it into a bend and it feels utterly, fantastcally, stable, then gas it out without fear. It makes me laugh out loud. Really. It’s got a mischevious character, a soul and I have no idea why it took me so long to get one.

Mrs PP has a 695. She got hers before I did. She test rode all sorts of bigger Jap bikes and a BMW. Of the new Honda Hornet she said “well, there’s nothing I don’t like about it, but there’s nothing I do like either”

The 696 was the smallest, slowest, cheapest bike she rode. The big grin when she came back said it all.
    There’s something in the water in Bologna, I think…..
    😀

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

it makes the most astonishing noise.

funny that was the first good thing you said. everything else just kind of follows on from there 8)

Zedsdead
    Free Member

There’s only one Bonnie for me…

It gets used at every opportunity, is good for a genuine 140mph, sounds absolutely brilliant, looks sublime and handles extremely well. It’s very highly modified and is my favourite bike. I love modern bikes too but I always go back to the Bonnie.

owenfackrell
    Free Member

One of my work mates has one of these

A rocket 3 which has a 2.3 liter 3 cylinder engine. It is very quick up to about 80 an dmakes a very nice noise.

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘ooooh – motorcycle pron’ is closed to new replies.