Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 66 total)
  • ooohhh I want to ride downhill now…
  • juan
    Free Member

Specially when I see stuff like that:

And like that (tis much yummyness):

backhander
    Free Member

Canadian goodness

Like this too

toys19
    Free Member

Recent research has shown that bikes painted orange are actually dangerous, you are more likely to get a basic wallet fracture with one of those, the long term effects are 29%apr and probable exclusion form normal life. Stick to shoppers. Foldable ones are best.

coogan
    Free Member

Yes please.

coffeeking
    Free Member

I used to own a nice DH-oriented bike. Shame there were sod all places in the UK to ride it properly.

juan
    Free Member

coffeeking I don't have this problem 😉

RHSno2
    Free Member

I got one of those Supremes. Hope to use it this week 🙂

poppa
    Free Member

You should try the SDW coffeeking, well rad.

dasnut
    Free Member

morewood makula

mmm BOS suspension front and rear..
    or transition tr-450 for me:

deciding which one to get right now…..

RHSno2
    Free Member

Transition. Just look at it!

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

I'll just have one of these please:-

Im hoping that Jamie @ Balfa being the very nice man he is will be able to sort me something out 🙂 (just incase he's reading this!)

DM52
    Free Member

I picked up one of these for a very reasonable price on ebay, just need to clear a space to store it, re-spring it for my weight and weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee… 😀

coffeeking
    Free Member

juan, I know, you lucky sod!

dasnut
    Free Member

looking like the transition has it… In yellow 🙂

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

There's a reduced price new TR450 on southern downhill i think…

loco_pollo
    Free Member

coffeeking – Member

I used to own a nice DH-oriented bike. Shame there were sod all places in the UK to ride it properly.

See those hills outside? You can ride down them. Hence the term "down" "hill".

Or are you saying that there was nowhere in the UK challenging enough for you on a DH bike, in which case you should turn pro and make a mint from riding DH for a living on the world circuit, you would be the winner.

juan
    Free Member

Well that is where you're all wrong. I give you two bike with amazing design and colours. And what do you raise me with?
    Black or white bike BLACK or WHITE… Probably the two dullest colour a bike could be… tututu, some people really need to get some fashion sense 😉

cheshmatt
    Free Member

Or

Please

coffeeking
    Free Member

See those hills outside? You can ride down them. Hence the term "down" "hill".

Not the same on local hills, just nothing entertaining about it – I never felt that I was close to "the edge" with stacks of travel. I just got bored of it TBH.

Or are you saying that there was nowhere in the UK challenging enough for you on a DH bike, in which case you should turn pro and make a mint from riding DH for a living on the world circuit, you would be the winner.

Nowhere within easy reach, no. I'm sure some of the scottish man-made routes are fairly hardcore but they take too long to get to when you live in NW england and natural trails are hell on a long travel bike as you need to get up the hills first to get back down them. I'm actually fairly sure I could have done quite a good job at competition level DH until they started introducing bigger and bigger doubles jumps (I'm not a fan of doubles, I'm happy with drops and natural trail jumps, but many did suggest it at the time) when I ditched the long travel, on my first runs on a marked DH route in Les Arcs I was making times in the top 1/3-1/2 region when compared against the actual competition day times. Coming home to the UK left about 3 trail centres with anything remotely close in enjoyment stakes and they were impossible to get to and very short run times. I was wholely deflated, this is when I left the sport for a few years (6 or so) and eventually came back more XC oriented.

forge197
    Free Member

I'll be heading out on this tomorrow 😀

_tom_
    Free Member

I must be the only person who finds full sus bikes to look really ugly and clunky. Can't beat the smooth lines of a hardtail!

Blower
    Free Member

Commencal for me.

didmatt
    Free Member

this

or

sideshowdave
    Free Member

+1 for the foes……………

chakaping
    Free Member

The Morewood or Transition would do me nicely.

Will have to make do with this for now though…

Shame I still haven't had a day free to go anywhere worth riding it yet.

🙁

chakaping
    Free Member

I lifted one of those Mondrakers up at the bike shop the other week and was blown away by how light it was.

Felt like it might be less than 35lb.

Coyote
    Free Member

I love Kona's big bikes.

dasnut
    Free Member

I think the transition is heavier and hopefully therefore longer lasting and stronger than the 35lb race only downhill bikes (session 88 for example that dent very easily, and if the mondraker is that light no doubt the same applies) – v10s build up around 40lbs I think and they are pretty indestructable

did I mention I just got a job in geneva, hence the desire for a proper downhill bike, there lifts there in the summer 🙂

becky_kirk43
    Free Member

_tom_ – Member
    I must be the only person who finds full sus bikes to look really ugly and clunky. Can't beat the smooth lines of a hardtail!

no you're not…there's not many dh bikes that don't look ugly!

bruneep

mine

Swiftacular
    Free Member

+1 for the Superco, my dream bike, along with Empire AP1.

juan
    Free Member

no you're not…there's not many dh bikes that don't look ugly!

If you buy a bike because it looks 'cool' you're a tart. Bike are meant to be ridden. And for DH bikes it's function before form in any cases.

forge197
    Free Member

juan +1 – I won't be looking at my DH bike when it's pointing down, eyes on the trail!!

It's the grin at the bottom that matters, and it can be as ugly as it likes 😆

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Big bikes are fun 🙂

chameleon78
    Free Member

Not the best example but for DH, I'd be looking at this or an Intense looks wise.

Rivett
    Free Member

Hope to get out on my new Session 8 on Sunday.

juan
    Free Member

I have to admit, although the empire is not as "funky" as my two pictures, there is something fascinating about this bike.

flamejob
    Free Member

That Empire gives me the horn.

I'm in the 'have 1000m DH trail out side my house but no time to ride' category 🙁

estoril
    Free Member

dasnut – Member
    looking like the transition has it…

Doesn't have it yet, but would definitely get it. 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘ooohhh I want to ride downhill now…’ is closed to new replies.