Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • ooof it is cold…
  • matt_outandabout

-6.5 here already, was -9.5 this morning, been subzero all day.
    It is going to be a chilly one – been outside most of the day, and out all day tomorrow, although climbing a hill for ‘work’.

molgrips
    Free Member

We had frost on the back grass all day. This is very unusual for warm wet west-coast Cardiff.

pussywillow
    Free Member

Oh dear.. 🙄

Onzadog
    Free Member

Sub zero where I am. wondering if a little play out on the road bike is a bad idea.

toby1

I had a thin crust of ice form on me this evening where the fog had landed on my jacket. It felt like my glasses were icing up too, nice!

sparkyrhino

Going out in 30mins for a club pootle.at least it wont be too sloppy,the mud that is. 🙄

Drac

I’m off to work in 10 mins or so. That is cold but we had -15c a couple of years ago now that was nippy.

Kryton57

Hmmm, me too. -1 Most of the day and I decided not to risk the ice – forecast to be -4 over night.

Am now officially tetchy with lack of riding.

bikeind
    Free Member

It most certainly is a chilly one.

mrchrispy

Yuppers, finally had enough of my sealskinz gloves, water proof but too small for me to get the liner gloves without cutting the bloodflow. Bought a a pair of gore windstoppers that are the right size…..hmmmmm toastie.

scaled
    Free Member

Ride to/from work was a bit sketchy today. Car was completely iced up when I got home to pick the little un up.

beckykirk43
    Free Member

Thankfully not quite that cold here, we have had freezing fog all day though!

1981miked
    Free Member

Pah…. -9.5 is positively tropical compared to the temperatures I saw 2 years ago out and about driving in Scotland.

Temperature gauge claimed a low of -25… I was loading bottled water from Highland Spring at Blackford, it was that cold the water was freezing in the bottles when the forklift driver was loading it. We had to cover the loads with blankets. I had diesel start to freeze in the fuel lines and crystallise in the fuel tanks.

Felt like it aswell, my window washers were frozen for 3 weeks, we had lorry suzies freezing and brakes freezing on.. Proper Baltic… Never again… please.

Plus all the roads were sheet ice, took me 5 hours to get from Edinburgh to Glasgow and 7 people 2 hours to dig out a lorry stuck in a snow drift!!

pedalhead
    Free Member

I’m trying out some new pogies for the first time tonight. Quite pleased I have an excuse to use them. I’m expecting to look silly but have warm hands.

rickmeister

Ice spikers on for the commute..

Clink

What are roads like in sw? Didn’t go to work today but planning normal commute in morning. Not been any rain for couple of days so hoping roads would be ok…

1981miked
    Free Member

I feel positively inspired by you people heading out tonight.. I think I may put my shorts on in support. I’m not going out tho mind you!

Was thinking of biking to work tomorrow but a 4am start put a stop to that, my gentlman’s sausage may fall off! Think I’ll head out when I get home tho.

Kryton57

An as if by coincidence a mate has reported in – front wheel slipped on ice, staples in scalp, two busted ribs and a dislocated shoulder.

Be careful out there!

Clink

An as if by coincidence a mate has reported in – front wheel slipped on ice, staples in scalp, two busted ribs and a dislocated shoulder. Be careful out there!

hmmm – think I might leave it then – not worth the risk 😯

bikeind
    Free Member

not worth the risk one bit is it!

stay indoors and keep safe for me.

LadyGresley
    Free Member

My colleague had her Marathon Winter spiked tyres on today – wish I’d got some, I was riding very, very carefully round corners today.

allthepies
    Free Member

-4 on the Surrey commute this morning, looks like being even colder first thing tomorrow, with added fog 😮

Taff
    Free Member

-2 according to mine and the neighbours cars at 6pm. Didn’t feel that cold though. Was -5 this morning. Three lukewarm water on car windscreen and it froze before wipers could clear it!

trout
    Free Member

Nah its not cold yet wait till the Geordies put a coat on

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Yeah but the one on the left was orange when she left the tanning salon.

lovewookie

man sometimes i really miss geordieland…

-2 according to mine and the neighbours cars at 6pm.

I read that as ‘mine and the neighbours cat’ hmmm, weatherCat…must get one…

sort of day I’ve had really,

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘ooof it is cold…’ is closed to new replies.