Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Oohh the Irony – Forum on Form
  • rkk01
    Free Member

This week the ire is directed at the revolting underclass youth on the streets…

Last week it was…

The motivated and altogether more inspiring vision of youthful endeavour, castigated for upsetting the natural ecological balance of the arctic…

donsimon
    Free Member

But was it the same people?
    Without links, copying and pasting, the odd insult and obviously CAPS LOCK to shout me down, to demonstrate this I simply can’t believe you, fool!

cynic-al
    Free Member

Whining about the riots is understandable.

But the polar bear thing was just daft, folk really need to get laid more.

Dickyboy

motivated and altogether more inspiring vision of youthful endeavour

I take it you mean rich young things whos mums & dads can afford to send them off on expensive jollys

Bregante

My 15 year old has just returned from Namibia where he’s spent two weeks helping to build facilities for a school. I am by no means wealthy. The trip cost almost £3000 all told. He paid for the trip himself by working, doing sponsored events a nd saving every bit of money that came his way for the last 18 months. He describes it as the most rewarding experience of his life and now wants to work for a charity when he finishes at school.

Guess what. Some kids are good, hardworking individuals who will go on to offer something valuable to society. Some kids are lazy, nasty thieving scum…

cynic-al
    Free Member

Dickyboy – Member
    I take it you mean rich young things whos mums & dads can afford to send them off on expensive jollys

…and so it continues… 🙄

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Bregante… how much of the sponsorship money raised came from friends and family?
    Where did he get the inspiration from?

Bregante

No idea

MrSparkle

TSY With all due respect – wtf has that got to do with
    a. you
    and b. the point?

cynic-al
    Free Member

MrGrumpySparkel

What’s TSY’s Q got to do with you?

I imagine he was alluding to this salient point:

Bregante

The project was something arranged with his school.

The sponsorship money probably totalled less than £350 – £400. The rest he “earned” if that was your point?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Yes, cynic-al that’s exactly my point.

Well done to your son Bregante… providing “earned” doesn’t mean he did little jobs for you of course.

Bunnyhop

Bregante – you must be very proud 🙂

Bregante

If he had…… And he didn’t….surely the point was that he got off his backside and did something to help others?

Bregante

Bunnyhop. Yes I’m very proud of all three of my kids 8)

Dickyboy

Bregante – fair play to your son – I was however alluding to the sector of society who get such things on a plate

rkk01
    Free Member

surely the point was that he got off his backside and did something to help others?

Exactly…

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Yeah, and I congratulate him.

It’s just a hunch but I assume your son has a very different upbringing and background to the ‘lazy, nasty thieving scum’.

Prove me wrong and say you’re a single parent family from a tower block in Central London and that you’ve never had a job in your life…

DenDennis
    Free Member

Well Done bregante’s son. too many armchair working class heroes jumping to the ususal conclusions – is that inverted snobbery? its not like he is claimed to be the youngest toff to climb everest or whatever

rkk01
    Free Member

alluding to the sector of society who get such things on a plate

In which case you were getting confused by some point not alluded to on this thread…??
    😉

Dickyboy

I’m a single parent & didn’t have a job for a week – does that count?

Bregante

TSY. My son lives with his Mum (we’ve been divorced for 10 years) in Salford. His Mum works in a shop and I’m a Police Officer. he goes to a state school as did I and I wouldnt have it any other way. Some of his mates get themselves involved in petty crime and I’m not ignorant enough to suggest that my son is a total angel but his Mother and I have both worked hard to bring him up well and teach him morals. Academically he is “below the expected standard” and probably won’t stay on at school. Even if he did, he would have to support himself through further education.
    Anyway, got to go. Am on nights tonight and we have been called in early as we are on standby to go to london. Laters

Dickyboy

Bregante – you & your ex have obviously done a good job bringing up your kids – good luck tonight BTW

dazzlingboy

Bregante – you must be very proud

+100

How can anyone snipe at this? With all the crap on this forum it’s nice to hear something positive for a change – and still people moan.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

his Mother and I have both worked hard to bring him up well and teach him morals.

Well done, seriously, well done.

It’s just a shame that not all parents do the same for their kids.

binners

If we shoot everyone under the age of 18 – apart from Bregante’s son obviously – will that solve the problem? Or is that, you know, a bit Pontious Pilate?

Stoner
    Free Member

Sounds more “Herod” than Pontius Pilot binner.s

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Oohh the Irony – Forum on Form’ is closed to new replies.