Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Onza fat bike
  • botswanna
    Free Member

I have a onza fat bike, purchased it in 2016.its currently in storage.
    Is it a square taper BB? 68×110 or 73x10mm? I am thinking of upgrading to a 1×11 and I would like to know which cranksets etc are compatible. Is the sram gx 1000 11spd chainset GXP compatible? Otherwise which cranksets including BB do you recommend? Thanks

Matt

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Is it a square taper BB? 68×110 or 73x10mm?

Take it out and have a look…?
    😉

weeksy

If it’s been in storage that long you can’t remember the specs, i’m not sure there’s much point in changing bits on it 🙂

wwaswas

Square taper and an Altus crankset according to the specs. Can;t find width but given tyre size it’ll be 100mm+ so you’ll need a fatbike specific crank and BB.

Is it worth changing to 1×11 – it’s an entry level bike with fairly cheap components? Might be best to stick with it how it is now and just maintain it.

If you ride it more and get the fat bike thing sell the bike as a going concern and get something a step up all round?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

[edit: just seen a pic of it, looks like the chainstays are seriously long so maybe it does have a normal BB]

dovebiker

You need to know the size of the BB – chances are its 100mm unless it’s a 73mm on a 135mm offset rear hub? As said, you’re still compromised by a heavy frame and particularly wheels and tyres and would probably be better-off investing in a higher-spec bike in the first place.

botswanna
    Free Member

Thanks for your replies.
    I am currently doing my house up so haven’t got room for more than one bike.
    The weight of the frame doesn’t bother me. It came with a 2×10 SLX which is going on another bike hence why I am thinking of a 1×11. Might even make it a 1×10 and put a bigger cassette on. I emailed onza twice but they never replied. Yeh I need to get it out from storage and have a proper look. Cheers

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Onza fat bike’ is closed to new replies.