Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Only payment excepted is cash or cheques
  • piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Obviously the pedants will flock to this, but that’s what is proudly displayed on the sign that is displayed in the ‘salon’ (what’s wrong with ‘hairdresser’ these days?) where I had my hair cut earlier.

I paid in cash and they accepted. I was tempted to pay with some random hair sweepings, but it seems they bent the rules ‘cos I’m a nice chap.

What would you pay with?

jambalaya
    Free Member

Cash. Can see their point given the fees charged by credit/debit card companies

Dougal
    Free Member

jambalaya – Member

No, it seems like you missed the point entirely.

hardcoreprawn
    Free Member

Surely exception is only an option?

skids
    Free Member

they don’t usually accept cash or cheque

jambalaya
    Free Member

I assumed he’d mistyped/autocorrected the thread title, perhaps not.

rusty90
    Free Member

I paid in cash and they accepted

As you expected.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I would have paid with several cheques. They might have made an exemption for me.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I assumed he’d mistyped/autocorrected the thread title, perhaps not.

No, the point of the thread was the incorrect use of the word ‘excepted’.

Yes, it’s a dull work day

ElShalimo

I’d have told them that I’m a gifted and generous lover and paid them in kind
    😉
    I’d have been declared a charlatan soon after the transaction
    😳

slowoldman

Card obviously. Or Traveller’s Cheques.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

You could have bartered with them?

Their is a sign in the cafe of my locale Train Station that says

“CCTV Inoperative”

they are clearly taking a stance against the Big Brother. Stick it to the Man!

nickc

Their is a sign

In the spirit of the thread, no doubt.

njee20
    Free Member

In the spirit of the thread, no doubt.

Along with a “locale Train Station”, that’s two uses of the incorrect word, and random capitalisation.

Do you right sines for a hairdresser salon surroundedbyhills?

cheekyboy
    Free Member

There is a cafe in Oldham that used to sell freshly made lassania.

trailhound101

I couldn’t care fewer about poor grammar!

brooess
    Free Member

If they don’t want to accept the payment mechanism their customers want to pay with, good luck to them growing their business!
    They may also not be factoring in the cost of handling cash – slower, the time taken to take it to the bank, security risk etc
    Most businesses accept payment costs as a cost of doing business and factor it into their pricing like all the other costs they pay to be in business

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

cash – I’d expect an exception for acceptable accomodation.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

I’m bored, so here’s some more.
    /Waits for Jambalaya to point out the mistakes/

Mister-P
    Free Member

jekkyl

your all speling pedant loosers.

ourmaninthenorth

pendant, shirley?

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

If they don’t want to accept the payment mechanism their customers want to pay with, good luck to them growing their business!
    They may also not be factoring in the cost of handling cash – slower, the time taken to take it to the bank, security risk etc
    Most businesses accept payment costs as a cost of doing business and factor it into their pricing like all the other costs they pay to be in business

Think it’s more to do with the fact that the hairdressers all ‘rent’ space in the salon and run their own business each, so easier for them I guess.

Anyway, here’s a picture along the same theme, I’m off to argue with a cyclist hater on Facebook for a bit now

slowoldman

You mean

konabunny
    Free Member

that’s what is proudly displayed on the sign that is displayed in the ‘salon’ (what’s wrong with ‘hairdresser’ these days?)

displaying a sign in the hairdresser would probably be quite difficult and painful. displaying it in the hairdresser’s would be easier.

JulianA
    Free Member

displaying a sign in the hairdresser would probably be quite difficult and painful. displaying it in the hairdresser’s would be easier.

Excellent – well said!

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Only payment excepted is cash or cheques’ is closed to new replies.