Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Only drinking coffee..
  • wysiwyg
    Free Member

I drink four mugs a day and nothing else. Can’t remember when on a normal work day I drank other than coffee.

Is this as bad as it sounds ?

weeksy

you don’t seem to be dead yet…

VanHalen

Only 4? if thats bad i`m in trouble

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Gary_M
    Free Member

That’s one of the maddest things I’ve read on the internet ever – 4 mugs, are you sure?

smett72

I’m not sure 4 is enough to worry about to be honest.

I used to drink between 8 and 10 a day. Then found out at my annual asthma check that my blood pressure was much higher than it should have been. Cut down to one or two coffees a day (the rest decaf) and my blood pressure dropped down to normal.

ebygomm
    Free Member

Are you worried that 4 cups of coffee is too much or 4 cups of liquid is not enough?

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Wondering if the only intake of liquid being coffee and only 4/5 max is enough

treaclesponge
    Free Member

I have this problem too, recently changed to coffee before 12 and tea after 12. Considering the need for at least a litre of squash in the day.

andybrad

7-8 cups between working. ish

andycs

Nothing wrong with 4 coffees a day. I start every day with a double espresso and 2-3 cappuccinos along the way. But I also drink at least 1 litre of water every day, more if running or riding.

mogrim

4 of what? Nescafe? Or 4 mugs of stove-top coffee maker espresso?

ebygomm
    Free Member

4 cups of coffee a day is ok (recommended max is 5)
    Contary to popular opinion it doesn’t matter were the liquid is coming from (and 20% of liquid intake can come from food) so if you’re not thirsty that could be fine too.

I often only drink 2 cups of coffee and 1 cup of tea in a day

wwaswas

I have a pint tea mug.

I drink 5 of these a day plus a couple of espresso type coffees.

I tend to slosh a bit when I walk but otherwise I’m fine.

zilog6128

I probably drink about 8-10 mugs worth of liquid during the working day, mainly water with a couple of mugs of green/fruit tea.

As to whether 4 mugs of coffee is too much caffeine, try going without it for a day or two. If your body shuts down then, yes, it’s too much!

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Nah I can totally live without it. It’s only instant.

So if I’m not thirsty only drinking coffee is ok?

peterfile
    Free Member

I drink about 5 cups of coffee and 2-3 litres of water at work, plus another litre of water at home, more if active.

I pee a lot.

RoganJosh
    Free Member

I just fill my camelbak with espresso, tea and robinsons apple and black currant every morning then crack on, tend not to worry.

M1llh0use
    Free Member

12doubleespressoshereandnothingwrongwithme,ohno,nothingatall!!!!

tonyd

I drink 2-3 coffees a day, a cup of tea in the evening, and depending on levels of exercise between 1 and 5ish pints of water per day. I don’t think 4 cups of coffee is excessive, but personally would drink more water. Do you suffer headaches or anything? Wee clear and plentiful?

back2basics
    Free Member

i drink 4 mugs of tea before 9 and then about 3 coffees and a tea in the afternoon then a nice cuppa at night before bed.
    no probs here

btw can anyone response to my other thread on sleepless nights
    http://www.willIdie.com/forums/sleeplessnights

AlasdairMc

wysiwyg – Member

It’s only instant.

You need to sort that part out. This is a cycling forum, and thus we’re all coffee snobs. 😀

ebygomm
    Free Member

Wee shouldn’t really be clear, pale straw is what you’re aiming for.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

I’m all good re colour, rarely get headaches. I shall attempt to drink more water see if it makes a difference.

Once I’ve broken the seal I’m every half pint…

miketually
    Free Member

Cup of tea with breakfast. Coffee on arrival at work, another at morning break, another at lunchtime, another in a free lesson, tea when I arrive home, another tea after my tea*.

So: three teas, four coffees. Once the kids are in bed, I’ll have a wine, a beer, or a glass of water.

*that’s food tea, not drink tea

chewkw
    Free Member

wysiwyg – Member

I drink four mugs a day and nothing else. Can’t remember when on a normal work day I drank other than coffee.

Is this as bad as it sounds ?

The question is, is it quality coffee or piss poor low quality ones?

The former you will live forever while the latter you will die tomorrow.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Whatever they buy at work. Gold blend tesco special if I’m lucky

chewkw
    Free Member

wysiwyg – Member

Whatever they buy at work. Gold blend tesco special if I’m lucky

You will die. Stop drinking piss poor office coffee freebies. Free office coffee is there to slowly poison you otherwise it would not be free.

We have some fair trade shite in our office in big tins that normally resulted in me gagging myself while drinking it with momentary lapse of concentration. I kept thinking it was good coffee … yuck!

miketually
    Free Member

Instant at work? How vulgar 😉

We have two catering filter machines in the staff room, with warming plates on top for two extra jugs of coffee. I think they’re 12 cup jugs, so 48 cup capacity 🙂

somafunk

4 mugs a day doesn’t sound like that much at all.

I have a double shot cappuccino in the morning (16g basket, fresh roasted/ground beans), a double shot cappuccino at lunchtime (when at work) and i usually switch the machine on at night and have a double shot espresso as soon as i get home, i also drink approx 1L of water a day from my waterbottle and have 1 large 750ml pot of tea (brodies tea leaves of course) at night – compared to my drug intake i threw down my neck throughout my 20’s/early 30’s i doubt a few mg of caffeine is going to make sod-all difference, i usually get to bed bout 2am and up for 8am – have done for years and feel no ill effects so i’ll carry on till the twitching gets so bad i have to self medicate with 10mg blue tens. 😉

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Only drinking coffee..’ is closed to new replies.