Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Only a few days to go – Roll call for Bontrager TwentyFour12
  • carlphillips
    Free Member

its wazzing down here (i live 2mins away from course)and has been for a wee while now. the course probably wont dry out although they will change some stuff that gets awful/boggy/unrideable in the wet, ive just seen the local forecast and its different to machine's forecast up there in that north devon, i'll be praying for sun but they're giving out heavy rain and 20mph winds all week, either way the trails will be a shitfest after 1500 riders over it so i'll be on my bonty mud x's and cursing whoever entered me into the madness.

see youse there and im afraid i cant comment on the actual current state of the course as i've never ever ridden it outside of a race and wouldn't ever consider it ever ever ever, I wouldnt dream of it, not even at night, or for that matter during the daytime either, and i certainly wouldn't know of anyone who had been in there either.

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

Nor me, especially at around 7pm when all the shooting ground staff have gone home.

Both the forecasts I looked at were for Plymouth, not ND. It's absolutely chucking down up here at the minute and I'm supposed to be taking a bloke from Holland out over Exmoor in a couple of hours. Quantocks, methinks.

Nobby

12 hour pairs here too. First time actually riding in one of these so looking forward to it.

carlphillips
    Free Member

ooh that'll be pleasant,ive yat to bleed my brakes after sundays effort, although the LBS are relacing my rear wheel under warranty.

spotlight weather just on as i type and they've just given out rain till friday and didnt mention the weekend, ****.

oh rich have mailed you photos of floyd

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

Just looked at them. He's not overweight, just cuddly. Sam looks loads bigger while the other one looks the same.

Are Certini replacing the whole wheel, rebuilding or just replacing the one spoke? Let me know if you need those brakes back.

Nobby, we did the 24/12 as a team last year and the blokes camping next to us were doing 12hr pairs. They looked absolutely knackered by midnight. They did a single lap and switched. They reckoned it might have been better to have done a few laps and then had a decent breather. It's gonna be my first solo24 and I'm just a little bit nervous about it.

carlphillips
    Free Member

whole wheel, as thayve had some problems with the alloy nipples.

brakes will be fine mate cheers, gonna bleed them today.

dog is well happy here

bigsi
    Free Member

Yep I'm in and hoping for a repeat of the enjoyment i had here last year, although i'm doing 12 hour solo rather than pairs.

Theres 13 of us coming down from Worthing, West Sussex and most will be wearing Sussex-MTB tops, I'll be the only one of them on a 29er so say hi as you go past. 😛

Ti29er
    Free Member

For what it's worth, NEVER, EVER, EVER use the BBC's weather web site.
    It's run by the The Daily Mail.
    Go to the Met Office's:
    http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/sw/plymouth_forecast_weather.html

Jezkidd
    Free Member

I'll be there, with three mates, say hi to the lank on the black maxlight: go the jeyteam! Brother's also doing it in the fantasticlly named 'team awesome', teenagers eh?

Ti29er
    Free Member

When was / is the best day to have / to finish your pre-race training?
    I should have gone this evening (Tues) but work got in the way.
    I think it'd be no real benefit going in the morning for a couple of hours.
    Am I correct?

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

It's all about tapering. Maybe go out in the morning but go a little easier than you would have done the night before (not that I really know what I'm talking about).

Ti29er
    Free Member

I've decided on some 40 minute stretching sessions each day instead and one gym trip for the upper body.
    Then I can die a death on Sunday morning, at some point, in the knowledge that, whilst I did not do quite enough cycling, I at least look like I put some effort in!

I'm really not looking forward to part pushing, part riding, whilst cussing & swearing, my two bikes through some mud-hell-hole at 2 o'clock in the morning. Dry I think I could have just about managed, wet and muddy I know changes everything.

I'll be the one weeping in the corner since we all know Heather Mills eventually throws her toys out of the pram in a fit of anger and frustration!

(Team: Heather Mills Swims in Circles. The caveat being: unless it rains in which case she throws a paddy!)

njee20
    Free Member

It won't rain, and even if it does I'm confident it won't be a muddy hellish mess, it'll be a bit slippery, rather than claggy crap leaving your bike weighing 40lbs.

I did 2 hours of hills this morning, that'll be my last hard session, ride home easy (35 minutes), 90 minute MTB ride tomorrow evening, 1 hour easy spin Friday, then chill out.

JasonDS

I'll be there on Friday for my 1st 12hr solo. Green and White VW split.

See you there.

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

It's been dry, sunny and breezy in Devon today. Perfect for drying things out. Hopefully it'll continue like this through the weekend.

sharki
    Free Member

I'm now taking part, 12hr solo singlespeed.

Was only planning to heckle and take pics, now i seem to be riding my unprepered arse off for 12hrs….WTF

DH on sunday hopefully if i can find a car in time 8)

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘Only a few days to go – Roll call for Bontrager TwentyFour12’ is closed to new replies.