Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Only 30 minutes of commercial radio left.
  • zippykona

Due to the ladies in the shop wanting Christmas radio I’ve been forced to listen to commercial radio.
    The music is bad enough ,it’s the adverts that make me want to kill. We started with an ever so happy lady telling us every 15 minutes about Black Friday deals, then Black Friday weekend ,then cyber **** Monday.
    Now it’s some **** every 15 minutes telling us to get your Mercedes checked.
    I appreciate I’m not a new build living, X factor watching,ikea for a day outting kind of person and not their demographic but surely the pond life get fed up listening to the same songs and adverts every hour.
    God bless the BBC.

aP
    Free Member

I think they did it because you called them “pond life”.

simondbarnes

What aP said

monkeychild
    Free Member

😯 Breathe dude.

TheSanityAssassin

And you aspire to Radio **** Two?
    You’re doomed!

seosamh77
    Free Member

Must be nice view from way up there…

pondo

Commercial radio kills me, it’s the repetition not only of the adverts but also the songs, when you listen to it all day you hear the same tunes a lot. Or you did back in 1995, which was the last time I had to spend all day listening to it.

richardkennerley

I’ve heard Mariah Carey 5 times today…..

I don’t understand how people can be so disinterested in hearing something new. The station we have on at work has had the same playlist for the nearly 20 years I’ve been forced to listen to it….. and they moan about putting a station on where there might be some “talking,” but the same frickin adverts for Fleetwood Car Centre over and over again…. that’s fine apparently.

bensales
    Free Member

One thing I’ve actually loved about making the jump to working in big corporate IT, is that no bugger has a radio on in the office.

slackboy

Could be worse, you could be listening to “You and Yours” on Radio 4

Drac

Pond life?

Nice way to talk about your colleagues.

zippykona

I’ve actually turned down a job because they were listening to Kiss. (The radio station but the band would be just as bad)

zippykona

Drac, I’m referring to the target audience of commercial radio.
    Colleagues? Yes , but also staff you’d think the alpha (and only!) male of the group would hold sway.
    This year I thought I would make an effort and bought 2 mariachi Christmas albums to annoy them with.
    They soon were got rid of ??

Drac

Yes , but also staff you’d think the alpha (and only!) male of the group would hold sway.

zippykona

Giving me a cat picture. That’s a low move.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Only 30 minutes of commercial radio left.’ is closed to new replies.