Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Only 3 weeks to the HONC ….. hope the weather sorts itself out :(
  • stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Yep .. thats all we have left till the honc ….. cant believe how shocking the weather is and really dont fancy it if its gonna be a mud bath …… anyone local got any info on conditions ?

psling
    Free Member

I believe they’ve had snow up on the Cotswolds. It may change over the next three weeks though… 8)

iain65
    Free Member

Mud was okay today in the area, although I was a few miles north east, however the three foot snow drifts made it interesting! What was funny was that my bike started the ride weighing 27lbs and finished at over 40lbs with the accumulated snow and ice (a bit sad that I checked this…..).

Expect it to be a mud fest for the Honc though.

Currently debating whether it’s ice spike tyres or mud x’s…….

Iain

Trimix
    Free Member

Next week is set with a high pressure, keeping it cold and dry, but not cold enough for the snow to stay frozen. So muddy for a week, that will leave you with two weeks to get dry and sunny.

No chance 🙁

ps44
    Free Member

Yep, it’s going to be like to good old days. We’ve been spoilt for the last few years . I expect there’s a bit of head scratching going on re the course.

orangeboy
    Free Member

I just fitted some summer xc race tyres to my bike in prep for honc
    Guessing they won’t be much use

mrmo
    Free Member

I am local, put it like this, i went out on the road bike today, plenty of drifting snow, if the weather doesn’t warm up markedly, and the forecast isn’t good, it is quite likely that you will find some snow on parts of the route. Shouldn’t be much, also the ground isn’t actually that frozen hard in a lot of places, it is very wet though.

mrmo
    Free Member

this was above broadway today….

Alex

I am readying the ’emergency hamstring injury’ 😉 I look up at Cleeve Hill every day from work and lately been thinking ‘hmm alp-ish’

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Beautific weather and fast running trails on the Mendip today. Amazing difference considering how close Glos is.

grahamh
    Free Member

I just fitted some summer xc race tyres to my bike in prep for honc

Bad, bad move, go fit some mud tyres now.
    That way the weather is bound to be hot and dry 😀

iain65
    Free Member

I bought some spike tyres a few weeks ago and they did not stop the snow and ice coming…….

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

The back of Cleeve common today at whitehall was a mud bath with a few drifts about slowly melting making it worse well YUK.

grahamh
    Free Member

Final meeting last night, seems that some of the Winchcombe boys rode part of the route last week end. It was a bit claggy.

Bring along a spare mech hanger, or be smug and use a single speed.

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Anyone had any info sent out to them yet ? .. seem to remember they used to send numbers out to fix to helmet etc ? …or dont they do that any more ?

JAG

I’m 25 miles from Winchcombe and a HONC entrant.

A lot of the ground around here is firm and easy to ride however there are a lot of puddles from snow melting and it’s still **** cold!

We had snow today!! Gonna be a chilly HONC 😯

psling
    Free Member

stumpy_m4 – Member
    Anyone had any info sent out to them yet ? .. seem to remember they used to send numbers out to fix to helmet etc ? …or dont they do that any more ?

You collect sticky number / route map / etc. at registration on the day; just turn up with your Entry confirmation email.

I believe… 8)

composite
    Free Member

Rode South Cotswolds on Wednesday. I haven’t washed the dust off yet. Conditions were almost perfect.

I have no idea if this is anywhere near where the event is or if it bears any relation to how the conditions will be there. 🙂

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Getting milder around here next week but looks like the rain is coming back 😥

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Only 3 weeks to the HONC ….. hope the weather sorts itself out :(’ is closed to new replies.