Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Only 17 more working days before I retire and then I'm going to………
  • keefus
    Free Member

………..ceremoniously burn/bury/destroy my sandwich box that I’ve filled every working day for yonks. I f**king hate sarnies.

wingnuts

Plan some special lunches building up to the last day. For that I’d have it delivered by a delicious lady in a french maids uniform and served on a special table with champagne. Don’t settle for a pint and bag of crisps down the local!

slackalice
    Free Member

This has the hallmarks of a rather disappointing advent calendar…

I am pleased for you keefus, although I am tempted to suggest that if you are looking forward to retirement in this way, it suggests to me that you have not been following your bliss in your working days? Hopefully, you will be in a month’s time. 🙂

My aim is to never retire.

Enjoy your sarnies fella 😀

samuri
    Free Member

I’m pleased for you but my life is for living not for getting to the end so I’ve ensured I take food I enjoy into work every day. 😉

molgrips
    Free Member

I have no idea how I’d cope with retirement being that close. I don’t think I could do any sensible work…

senorj

I don’t do much work 17 days before my holidays !
    gawd knows what I’ll be like if I’m allowed to retire. 😀
    Enjoy it OP – just a little jealous here..

piemonster

My aim is to never retire.

Snap, not properly retire anyway. Never make any real money doing what I’m planning. But it’ll keep the mind and body working.

djglover
    Free Member

Echoing the above, seems you’ve been doing something you hate and adding to the experience with eating food you don’t like. Some form of self punishment?

I’m enjoying the final count down, just don’t die on day 1

piemonster

I’m enjoying the final count down, just don’t die on day 1

Is it a bit like this?

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

molgrips – Member

I have no idea how I’d cope with retirement being that close. I don’t think I could do any sensible work…

This ^ 🙂
    I have a hard time concentrating within 45 mins of lunch and hometime! Most of which is down to STW (other forums are available).

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Only 17 more working days before I retire and then I'm going to………’ is closed to new replies.