• This topic has 6 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by MSP.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Online/remote coaching
  • MSP

Does anyone use a remote or online coaching service? If so how do you find it? what does it actually provide?

I have ambitions to do more challenges, multi day races etc. But I have fits and spurts of motivation, and my fitness isn’t really improving. I can read as much as I like about training techniques and plans, I understand it but just don’t apply it.

I think having someone help with structuring a plan, answering to someone, going over progress and/or setbacks etc would help. But I don’t want to get carried away and pay too much, I will never be at the front of the field, it’s all about the satisfaction of competing in and completing big challenges.

ps. no recommendations for iDave please 😉

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member
    The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Never used them but Chris Eatough is meant to be well recommended:
    http://www.chriseatough.com/?page=plans

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mikewsmith
    Free Member

I used trainerroad.com when I was looking for fitness being off the bike with injury. For skills not a chance in hell…

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

I’m using Trainingpeaks which is based on Joe Friel’s training bible. Enter your goals and realisic training hours and it will automatically generate a plan for you. It’s free but you can also pay a small amount for the full version.

It’s great if you like stats. You can track your fitness progress, nutrition, weight etc.

Opps, didn’t read the threas properly. I used Andy Wadsworth from mylifept last season with great results. He’d set out 4 weekly plans for you to follow and would always be available on the phone should you need him. He’s an ex mountain biker with some very good riders on his books.

scaredypants

There is a guy; former ace military sporting coach, on the run for a crime he didn’t commit….

MSP

@MM

Did he check up on your progress, ie check your workouts on training peaks, or was it down to you to contact him if required?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Online/remote coaching’ is closed to new replies.