Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • online shared calendars
  • oddjob
    Free Member

Looking for something to manage a shared summer house so that we can all “book” up when we will be there etc.

Any recommendations?

DrP

google calendar…..

DrP

Cougar

Yep. +1.

I looked into this at length a while back, and Google Calendar(s) is the One True Way.

atlaz
    Free Member

Google. Syncs to anything you care to mention.

alfabus
    Free Member

google calendar +1 – create an account for the house and start a calendar for it.

if you use google calendar yourself then when you plan to go there you could just invite the house to come too and it will populate the calendar 🙂

Dave

ericemel
    Free Member

As above – my lifeline!

DrP

My family is one step shy of board meetings….
    We’ve got my social, my work, wife’s work, and little’uns nursery all on our calendars!

DrP

bruneep

I seem to share DrP life, god knows how we managed with the poxy A3 family wall calander.

What I’d really like is a electronic wall calendar that syncs with gmail. Is there such a thing?

alfabus
    Free Member

What I’d really like is a electronic wall calendar that syncs with gmail. Is there such a thing?

ipad?

edit: or the o2 joggler – if it still exists?

bruneep

Have an iPad that would be an expensive calendar, could I somehow use an old monitor?

alfabus
    Free Member

well, yeah, but you’ll need something to ‘drive’ it.

sounds like a job for raspberry pi, if you have the skillz.

however, for the amount of time you’d have invest, an ipad would almost certainly work out cheaper and would have a nicer (touch) interface 🙂

Dave

Stoner
    Free Member

bruneep – any cheap android tablet woudl do it. Even the crappy jerky ones. Just keep it clean of all but the bare necessesity apps and put some self adhesive velcro on it and the fridge and viola! a fridge mounted syncing calendar!

http://www.morgancomputers.co.uk/product_detail/13299/Disgo-6000-7-Android-Tablet-PC-WiFi/

bruneep

Stoner I’m liking that idea.

alfabus
    Free Member

sorry, i was being a bit too specific… i was saying ‘ipad’ like I say ‘hoover’.

Any old tablet would be grand 🙂

Dave

Stoner
    Free Member

some around £35-40 BIN on eBay
    or plenty of auctioned ones going for less.
    The early gen ones were pretty rubbish so most early adopters have moved up recently (me included, gave mine away)

EDIT Before you get one though, you need to check that it will sync with google calendar/run Google Play store or has a google calendar apk file available for it.

DrP

IIRC there is a fridge (? Brand ? model) that had ‘a tablet’ built into the door for this exact function!!!

DrP

GrahamS

Or just, y’know, keep your iPad next to your fridge?

It’s not like it takes a huge amount of time to wake it up and look at the calendar.

Cougar

Not sure as I’d want several hundreds of pounds worth of electrical gadgetry in a kitchen full of liquids, steam, oils, etc etc.

alfabus
    Free Member
    GrahamS

Not sure as I’d want several hundreds of pounds worth of electrical gadgetry in a kitchen full of liquids, steam, oils, etc etc.

Mine has two homes when not in use – either sat on the kitchen worksurface (on its end, plugged into the charger) or stuck down the side of the sofa.

happynicky
    Free Member

google calendar

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

iPad Fridge mount

charging ?

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘online shared calendars’ is closed to new replies.