Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Online price change
  • dan1980
    Free Member

If you buy something online and then about a week later, the price is dropped by a reasonable amount (say £30 – about 10% of the RRP) is it best to:

a) accept the price change and move on with life
    b) ring up the company and say "Any chance I could get the discount price?"
    c) wait until your order arrives. Return it, then re-order the discounted priced item

My card has been charged, but the item hasn't been dispatched.

chvck
    Free Member

I'd just accept the price change and move on with life, I'd just put it down to luck of the draw and consider myself unlucky in that instance

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

If it is bought online, you have protection under distance selling and can return it within 7 working days and get a refund.

Then just rebuy it at the new price.

Laws…

Kuco

If your got then item then the price drops just accept it but if it drops before it's sent then enquire. I know Amazon will give the best price till the item is sent.

carlosg
    Free Member

I'd be tempted to contact the retailer and ask.

3 years ago we bought a new Dyson vacuum that was in a sale for £155 , 4 days later we were in the same shop looking at other electricals and noticed a 'further reductions' notice bringing the price down to £120 a quick word with the manager and as my wife had the receipt in her purse we walked out £35 richer ,result. You'll never know unless you ask.

CaptJon
    Free Member

depending on the timescale i'd return and reorder.

5lab

cancel order #1, create order #2 – no faffing around with returns

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Online price change’ is closed to new replies.