Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Online photo shop
  • matt_outandabout

Can anyone suggest a suitable photo website for a friend to sell her pictures on – ideally as a gallery where you can also order prints / framed pictures?
    Something like Smugmug would be good, but with UK ordering.
    Happy to also look at playing with osCommerce etc as well.

This is not going to be a site that will turn over huge sales – so not looking for uber professional at the moment.

GrahamS

I believe Photobox offer Pro microsites where you can sell prints via them and pocket the profit.

No idea how good it is tho.

donsimon
    Free Member

I use zenfolio, this was after a long, long search. My package is the top (100 dollars per year) package, which paid for itself in a couple of days.
    Set your own prices, uses Photobox for printing or (I think)any other printer that you want. I also get good Google ratings very quickly.

I think it's great.
    I might have gone for the Photobox option, but they don't price in €uros!! It's a good site to look at too.

If she wants to sign up for zenfolio, let me know because I think I get a referral something or other…

matt_outandabout

Cheers don simon – seems like that is what we want.

Matt

stumpy01

photium is very good and easy to use.

The guy who runs it is lightening quick with his replies to queries. I've asked him a question about how to do something and had a reply in 6 mins before!!

user-removed
    Free Member

+1 for photium. I've used them for many years and have tried a few others along the way. It's specifically aimed at photographers and is great if you're unwilling to learn html or, like me just want an easy to use interface which looks good.

Will, the owner is amazingly fast to respond to questions – I've asked him fairly obscure questions at four in the morning and had a polite, pleasant answer within minutes. He just doesn't seem to sleep.

Feel free to click my username to see the site.

matt_outandabout

Cheers guys, will get looking into them.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Online photo shop’ is closed to new replies.