Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Online passport renewal
  • wukfit
    Free Member

What a great idea I thought, will speed up the whole process
    Filled in all the info, uploaded a photo, paid the £73ish
    Then it says they won’t start processing the application until they receive my old passport back (which they then post back to me)
    I’m at home ill, wanting to book a little get away before Xmas, now I have to drag myself off to the blooming post office
    Argh

rhinofive

I used it recently; had the initial confirmation of receipt of application straight away, confirmation of receipt of old passport the next day, two later that day confirming processing & despatch and new passport in the post the next day – four days from realising the old one had expired to getting a new one using the ‘standard sevice’……not too shabby to my mind

wukfit
    Free Member

Ooh that’s good to hear, cheers Rhino

kelron
    Free Member

You’d still have to go outside if they didn’t offer online renewal.

globalti
    Free Member

It’s an excellent system and it works well. The passport is a work of art and worth the money.

bensales
    Free Member

I was impressed too. Did mine a couple of weeks ago. 7 working days and I had both new one and cancelled old one in my hands.

rob1984p
    Free Member

Superb service in my experience.

I am hectic and in spite of printing didn’t get round to posting it for weeks even though I knew if I let it lapse I lose the cash.

They write to me telling me to get my shit together and to send to a different address to ensure it is processed quickly…mad! I was really grateful.

nickjb
    Free Member

Then it says they won’t start processing the application until they receive my old passport back (which they then post back to me)

If they don’t lose it. They lost mine. They had the form that is was in the same envelope so it arrived at the passport office. I then had to fill out a lost passport form including stating where the passport was lost. About 100 sarcastic answers went through my mind.

iain1775
    Free Member

yep received my new one 2 days after posting the old one off, they must have started processing the replacement before they received my old one it was too quick for them not to have done

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Online passport renewal’ is closed to new replies.