Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Online ordering advice – how should return postage be dealt with?
  • OrangeChammy
    Free Member

Just to see what consensus is… maybe from some in retail trade. I ordered stuff from a large and normally very good online retailer – they sent wrong size of item, their mistake not mine! I contacted them and was asked to return and costs would be refunded… no click and collect here, but no worries – posted item at my time and cost. New item arrives – no sign of refund of the postage. Took a few goes but eventually told it would be added as credit on my account. Not happy exactly as normal process is that they just add back onto card it was purchased or so I though.

Let it be as I am a regular customer so ordered again – nowhere to add at checkout so put note on order. Again no sign of refund, chased again and told it needs to be added manually!!! not advised previously… so again I have bought more stuff not had MY money returned and consider it all a bit shonky – even though its a very big retailler. I don’t think this is right – IMO the money should have been refunded, not to languish as credit that is hard to actually access unless I do a phone order it seems.

Not named the shop as I am keen to find out what is normal procedure without just naming and shaming!!!

It was less than a fiver, but what if I had returned a bike that was wrong.

nealglover
    Free Member

Ring them up, and TELL them to refund it onto your card while you are on the phone

No reason why they can’t do it. They just don’t really want to.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Possible cock up/left hand righthand.
    Good on you for waiting. S*** happens sometimes. Give them a chance then let them have it inwriting.
    Don’t post here. It’s not fair if there has been a mistake.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Normal is to keep hold of your money as long as possible. Credit is just another way to get you shopping again. I wonder how much extra people spent with CRC’s £20 apology voucher for getting hacked.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Online ordering advice – how should return postage be dealt with?’ is closed to new replies.