Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Online medical advice needed (non-life threatening)
  • miketually
    Free Member

Would knacking my hamstring lead to knee and lower lower back pain in the same side?

m0nster2
    Free Member

[disclaimer]I know nothing [/disclaimer]

..but your post did ring a (small) bell.
    A mate of mine had something that, from my vague, disinterested, half-listens, may or may not have been sciatica.

First Google hit: http://www.drfoot.co.uk/Hamstring.htm

I’m sure someone who knows what they’re talking about will be along soon.

I’ll get me (white) coat…

miketually
    Free Member

Thanks for the link. The pain in my thigh is definitely at the rear, not the outside so I think it’s just a hamstring strain.

sharki
    Free Member

Yes very common to have problems due to over compensation whilst protecting the injured area.

polarisandy
    Free Member

sciatica is more commonly the buttock and back of the thigh. Classically the pain goes below the knee, often into sole of foot. Also p+n are common in the leg->sole.

what happens if you lie down and do a straight leg raise?

Flaperon

Google piriformis syndrome.

dr_death
    Free Member

don’t bother

zaskar
    Free Member

Yes and no.

Go and see your GP or an NHS drop in centre if its really bad.

If its severe pop into A&E.

A doctor won’t diagnose correctly on a forum so why ask a bunch of cyclists and end up stressing yourself out.

Ewan
    Free Member

Go to a physio. I tore my hamstring a bit weirdly, was convinced by the forum/web that I had sciatica and that my ‘extreme action man’ life style was over.

Went to a physio, she said you’ve torn your hamstring badly. Did some physio on it, blasted it with ultrasound to get rid of the scar tissue, and I can now do everything I used to do. Although I do need to do some fairly extreme stretching every night!

As a bonus, the physio was also fit. Do you need any more reasons?

MrNutt
    Free Member

call the air ambulance quick!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Online medical advice needed (non-life threatening)’ is closed to new replies.