Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Online learning tools – course writing & hosting?
  • matt_outandabout

I am in education. I am looking to produce a couple of online courses based on the work I already do, to compliment the face to face stuff. The courses are already at degree / masters level, and the online stuff will pose reflective opportunities and help evidence learning.

Ideally open source (free!), able to host as a ‘private’ course to those invited only or MOOC.

Moodle seems to be one option.
    EdX wont let me on (yet, shame, it looks good).

Any other suggestions or feedback on the above?

mogrim

Coursera?

My old university uses this platform, they seem to have a wide range of partners: https://www.futurelearn.com/

matt_outandabout

I will go explore – I looked at those two already, but they seem University only (or a few ‘household names’ from business sector). None seem accessible by a twiddy third sector yokel like me. 😕

brassneck

Probably complementary to your need rather than core, but we’ve been trialling Open Labyrinth internally with reasonable success (don’t ask me exactly what for, I’m the infrastructure architect monkey that gets it running and feeds it). I’ll see if I can find out what LID / LMS they are using as core, but I know they author for SCORM packages and here was talk of migration to TinCan, but it’s not really my field.

matt_outandabout

Cheers brassneck. I get some of what you are speaking of. 😉

It is an LMS I need, and a simple one. I do training. Not geekery.

joolsburger
    Free Member

articulate storyline

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Online learning tools – course writing & hosting?’ is closed to new replies.