Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Online glasses reglazers
  • submarined
    Free Member

Reglazers? Reglaziers? re-glazziers? Re-re-glaze?

Need my eyes tested and doubtless my prescription has changed (evidence by my total lack of ability to read anything in low light/later in the evening when my eyes are tired…)
    Last time I needed new glasses it was phenomenally expensive on the High St – something like £250 for 2 pairs reglazing at Vision Express. No massive prescription, just anti glare coating. I may have left it as it was only a fractional change…

Anyways, I’ve got 2 frames I’d like to keep.

A quick Google suggest online reglazers should be much cheaper.

2 questions:
    – Whenever I’ve had glasses before they’ve done that thing where they measure where your eyes are, presumably to get some sort of ‘centre’ on the lense in the glasses. How does this work with mail order stuff?
    – Anyone got any recommendations for online people? Prices seem to vary wildly from about 40 quid to 200. I know nothing about this…

TIA 🙂

scrumfled
    Free Member

Pupillary distance, if you ask during your eye test they’ll usually do it for you. Failling which, there are online instructions on measuring it (can do it yourself, but easier with a friend).

My personal experience recently;

glassesdirect : poor communications, lots of delays that werent communicated until I chased. Glasses went back.

rxsport: very helpful, delivered on time and work was spot on.

spence
    Free Member

No experience of online but by comparison, SpecSavers quoted me £39 last week when I enquirered.

windydave13
    Free Member

I’ve used http://www.glasses123.co.uk who have a shop in Liverpool. I usually buy a “Re-glaze” during one of their sales and then send at a later date.
    I’ve used them for my last 4 sets of glasses

notmyrealname
    Free Member

Just had a set of glasses reglazed by Ciliary Blue.
    They can measure the pupillary distance from the old lenses.
    When I sent my glasses off to them, they received them the following day, regalzed them and sent them back the same day and I received them back the day after that.
    Three day turnaround and the total cost was about £55. The high street optician I asked about reglazing told me it would be £150 and take a week!

Nico
    Free Member

Specsavers. All the others do the same thing but charge more. Much more, in most cases. Try them first before committing to online. It’s always better for things like glasses and shoes to get the personal touch.

spooky_b329

I reckon the specsavers lenses are cheap rubbish, they seem to scratch increasingly easily.

Trying to decide between budget CiliaryBlue reglaze, (probably the same lenses as Specsavers, but cheaper) or independent optician who will do quality lenses for about four times as much, but will replace for free every time you scratch them. (The idea being they are extremely scratch resistant, and you won’t need replacements)

marmottefarcie
    Free Member

Ciliary Blue every time – brilliant service & good prices with fast turn around.

PePPeR

I just go to Asda and buy their new glasses, full varifocal lenses and two pairs for £100-£130.

I break frames on a regular basis so having new makes it easier to replace the frame when i break them.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Online glasses reglazers’ is closed to new replies.