• This topic has 362 replies, 95 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 363 total)
  • Online Dating Updates
  • DezB
    Free Member

5. Pay for dinner (although lunch is a nicer first date)

Good one. Even if they offer to pay – THEY DON’T MEAN IT!!

emsz
    Free Member

*serious face* As are most people

I know hon. but really, I don’t have a “perspective” especially not on “chicks”

Its the Kind of lazy assumption that blokes do without thinking sometimes

Solo
    Free Member

The one I don’t understand is my missus, her pic was old when we met, and it’s a low resolution blury one!

Hopefully, it’s too late for you now.
    😀

emsz – Member
    **** it its Friday and I love you guys

1. Be yourself. Be confident be happy. smile
    2. Be honest with her and yourself about what you both want
    3. Show some interest in what makes her tick
    4. Dress nice, smell nice, have a hair cutAll the usual stuff here, so far.
    5. Pay for dinner (although lunch is a nicer first date)

Text book way to get me flamed, and binned. Ime. The worse one’s think you’re paying for something…

6. Never say “I’ll call you” if you’re not gonna. It’s cheap
    7. Lots of girls are shit scared of the date nutbag, its different for us, be nice
    Any bloke who doesn’t know and allow for this, probably is a nutbag, agreed.

8. Oh can’t deal with crazy. She might be smokin but trust me, you won’t ever be able to get a handle on it, there’s a reason she’s single
    There could be any number of reasons she is single, hopefully during the course of getting to know her, one would get to know why.

9. We might have hang ups : commitment, trust whatever, you know what most of you have as well

Lost me there.

10. If you don’t want to kiss her 3 hours in, it’s not going anywhere

Ok?

trailofdestruction – Member

Ok, I know you’re only joking…. you’re joking, right?

Yes, it’s a joke. No emoticons were harmed in the making of this post 😆

Neigh lad.
    Ok, you like SJP’s character in SiTC? Then you’re sorted, there’s loads of women leading that lifestyle who are missing that one last accessory.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Solo
    Free Member

Emsz.

As I explained at the bottom of page 9, I think you’ve missunderstood me and taken offence where none was intended.
    😕

cinnamon_girl

Jeez, you guys can be so so cynical.

Solo
    Free Member

My poor daughter has pretty much given up on finding a decent bloke, she ended up buying a pair of kittens instead.

Could have been worse, she could have bought a dog….

I know hon. but really, I don’t have a “perspective” especially not on “chicks”
    Yeah, you do, you’ve spent years telling people on this forum that you’re lesbian and that’s very different to the women I’d date as I’ve yet to date a woman who has relationships with other women and I suspect I never will. I’m kinda out of the hunt, aren’t I?
    Fine by me, live n let live, innit.

Solo
    Free Member

cinnamon_girl – Member

CG.
    I’m happy to pay for lunch, dinner, whatever, don’t need to be asked either. But my goodness, its a risky business trying and frankly, I can see where a woman is coming from, when she lets a man know she isn’t comfortable with having him pay. Fair enough.

hora
    Free Member

I never want to be single. I wouldn’t be able to trade on my looks nor personality.

The sort of girl(s) I’d like wouldn’t want someone like me! 😀

emsz
    Free Member

Yeah, you do and it’s very different to the women I’d date.

Yeah, you’re right! How come I never realised that the girls I’ve dated aren’t even girls!!

We’re not some distinct species Solo. Yknow?

Solo
    Free Member

Yeah, you’re right! How come I never realised that the girls I’ve dated aren’t even girls!!

We’re not some distinct species Solo. Yknow?

Oh, I think I get it now. You’ve got your knickers in a twist over my use of the word “Chick“, correct?

Then definately, wind your neck in! I use that phrase in self deprication, harking back to a time when men were of a more misogynistic persuasion, the knuckle draggers.
    🙄

I’d have thought that someone who’s suffered the prejudice you have, would of had a thicker skin, not withstanding that no offence was intended, in the first place.

hammyuk
    Free Member

And herein lies the issue with the written word……

emsz
    Free Member

Solo, as I said earlier;

It doesn’t matter that you intended not to insult or belittle or that ” no offence was intended” it is offensive to talk about girls as “chicks” then you go right on ahead and make it worse

Oh, I think I get it now. You’ve got your knickers in a twist over my use of the word “Chick”, correct?

My knickers in a twist? Oh please! Because of course, as a woman, I’ve no reason at all to be offended, right? It’s not derogatory at all, and you shouldn’t have to trouble your teeny little head about these things should you?

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

*sniff sniff* anyone else smell Troll.

Don’t bite emsz, just walk away.

marcus7
    Free Member

Aww dont say that i’ve just sat down with a cup of tea…. 😀

Deveron53
    Free Member

This thread was quite nice and supportive, a bit like Samaritans crossed with STW. Now it’s gone all Jeremy Kyle!

bigblackshed

And herein lies the issue with the written word…… Solo

FTFY

😉

emsz
    Free Member

Sorry.

My fault 😳

hora
    Free Member

Fight! Emsz have him!

Solo
    Free Member

Look at who’s being lazy, you’ve missed my explanation for the word “chick”.

Lord, save us from the Vikings, The Hungarian arrow and the professionally offended.
    🙄

It doesn’t matter that you intended not to insult or belittle or that ” no offence was intended” it is offensive to talk about girls as “chicks”

a) only if you fail to understand the joke.
    (A different woman would get the joke and provide, an equally tongue in cheek reply and the banter begins, it can be amusing, you might try it.)

b) or if you’re looking to take issue.
    Look, you got to let go of that stuff. It happened a long time ago and everyone got what they deserved.
    So please, give all that a rest.

Now it’s gone all Jeremy Kyle!

Agreed, was going well until professionally offend, self publicized lesbian attempts to advise older and experienced men about dating.
    Thanks, Emsz.

Thanks too for the apology. No hard feelings
    Early start tomorrow.
    Nighty, night.

bigblackshed

There’s a pattern forming here………

Deveron53
    Free Member

What if she looks nothing like the photos and within 2 minutes you know it’s going nowhere?
    I deleted my POF profile last night. It’s a total waste of time. It’s a bit like being in a budget supermarket. The products all look weird, are nothing like the actual contents and there’s no way you’d buy anything twice…
    To explain the first sentence: hyped up on caffeine I talked like a machine gun for 2 hours solid until she gave in and went home. I felt it would have been too rude to end the date immediately and go home to play with my new record player. Although that’s what I actually wanted to do.

yunki
    Free Member

I met a really interesting woman on zoosk earlier this year.. (I don’t think she’s offended by the term chick, but prefers to refer to herself by the other c word)..

We had instant, very invigorating banter and laughed our heads off.. Met up a few times and took our kids out together and met up at a couple of festivals.. Our drunken bickering styles clashed though so we didn’t take it any further..
    I spoke to her on facebook yesterday and she’s enjoying life..
    She starts a six month treatment for hep C next week which will be quite harrowing as it is similar to chemo in some ways, so she’s had to quit her job as a social worker.. This in itself is a blessing cos it means that she’s gonna havta sell her house, which in turn means that once her treatment is finished she can get a nice new truck and get back to living the life of a new age traveller..

Just thought I would share this little tale, as I’ve made a good friend there, and it shows, I think, that there is someone online for everyone maybe

gatsby
    Free Member

And you let her slip through the net Yunki?

She sounds like a proper keeper… 😉

G

njee20
    Free Member

I don’t think she’s offended by the term chick, but prefers to refer to herself by the other c word

I have absolutely no idea what you mean, nor am I sure how having to sell ones house to fund medical treatment is a blessing…?

I confusled.

yunki
    Free Member

Gatsby – you jest, but she’s definitely my kind of woman..
    It takes all sorts to make a world 🙂

Njee – that really doesn’t surprise me

gatsby
    Free Member

Have you been… Ahem… y’know… checked out?

G

brant
    Free Member

Two years today since I got “Liked” on Guardian Soulmates.
    I reminded her this when she brought me tea and toast in bed this morning.

Big grins.

allthegear
    Free Member

Is Guardian Soulmates better than the rest, then?

I appear to be in a position of needing something like that again.

Rachel

brant
    Free Member

I appear to be in a position of needing something like that again.
    Rachel

Depends if you like Guardian readers 🙂

Hardman was single, vegetarian, in the arts, wore glasses, drove a Fiat 500.

When we met I was worried because I was allergic to cats. And I assumed she had a cat. Or cats.

She didn’t have a cat.

natrix
    Free Member

When I tried it (8 years ago) it was quite London centric………..

binners

Two years today since I got “Liked” on Guardian Soulmates.
    I reminded her this when she brought me tea and toast in bed this morning.

Free-range, organic, soil association approved, ethically sourced toast, with herbal tea, I presume? 😉

brant
    Free Member

Free-range, organic, soil association approved, ethically sourced toast, with herbal tea, I presume?

Pretty sure the toast came from Lidl. But the tea came from Booths 🙂

victoriamazie
    Free Member

Guardian Soulmates seems ok so far. Not riddled with excitment maybe, but less deluded nutters than PoF.

allthegear
    Free Member

Oh – I quite like the deluded nutters.

Rachel

Deveron53
    Free Member

I’m in my last 10 days on Match. I have resolved to leave it forever this time. I have 2 ‘meetings’ this week then if nothing comes of them I shall have to find some other way.
    I left POF over a week ago after another false photo meeting then getting blocked mid conversation by someone else. I’ve never had so much as a snog out of that awful site. At least Match got me a few short relationships.
    Fitness Singles? Well, if there were any female cyclists within 100 miles of me that would be great! But there aren’t, so 4rse!

joshvegas
    Free Member

Two days until my age flicks to 30. I think pof is a waste of time tinder is a mutch better format and far more successful for me.

victoriamazie
    Free Member

Easy to filter if profile photos include bikes…Dude, you’re wearing trainers…it’ll never work.

Mister-P
    Free Member

*makes note to include bike but remove feet from photos*

Well I was hoping that the approach of Christmas and New Year would increase the desperation levels of those women thinking they didn’t want to be alone for another year. It doesn’t appear to have.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

…would increase the desperation levels of those women thinking they didn’t want to be alone for another year. It doesn’t appear to have.

Solitude probably looks better than having no self-respect.

piemonster

I beg to differ

Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 363 total)

The topic ‘Online Dating Updates’ is closed to new replies.