• This topic has 362 replies, 95 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 363 total)
  • Online Dating Updates
  • garage-dweller

Good stuff. We (me and Mrs GD) met online nearly eight years ago. I have not yet become ‘under the patio dweller’ more a testament to her patience I suspect.

Deveron53
    Free Member

Went on FS, POF and Match for 4 weeks. Had 5 ‘coffees’. 5th coffee was a massive hit! We both deleted our profiles within 2 days – blissfully happy. Fingers crossed for future. We’re at about 7 ‘dates in’, First ‘coffee’ date lasted 6 hours!

Surroundedbyhills… Did Ms Juliana Klein not tick any boxes? We must compare notes! It’s a small world…

londonerinoz
    Free Member

Is ‘coffees’ a euphemism given the quotes?

hora
    Free Member

6hours of ‘coffee’ is going some

joshvegas
    Free Member

6 hour coffee is surely a good regular ‘coffee’ plus an ‘espresso’ before you leave?

joshvegas
    Free Member

So what did you do for the other 5hrs55mins?

Deveron53
    Free Member

I think Singletrack should actually start a dating website specifically for cyclists. The market is there. Loads of lovelorn bikers of both sexes looking for that pedalling partner.

A ‘coffee’ is a chat. 6 hours of chatting means there’s something there. It’s because neither of us wanted to go home.

Just as a bit of advice to all you ‘coffee chatters’. At the end of a successful date, don’t just go for a polite peck on the cheek. Aim for the centre! That’ll show you’re attracted. After the 6 hours I almost went for the cheek, was interrupted by the target mid flight and a course correction was forced upon me. Touchdown!

Deveron53
    Free Member

So what did you do for the other 5hrs55mins?

I can make anything last as long as I want it to… even a coffee!

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

@Deveron53 – there must be a proliferation of shouty foreign burds at Celtic Connections, I was at the Buika gig.

Thing was the support act was brilliant Maraya Andrade she had a bunch of serious old jazzers (not me…) getting involved, the Buika comes on stage and it was time to leave or commit suicide. 😀 with apologies to any old jazzers out there 😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

Singletrack should actually start a dating website specifically for cyclists

Which one of us do you fancy?

crazy-legs

I think Singletrack should actually start a dating website specifically for cyclists. The market is there. Loads of lovelorn bikers of both sexes looking for that pedalling partner.

Here you go, cycling specific speed dating 😉

http://www.hernehillvelodrome.com/friends/speed-dating/

Deveron53
    Free Member

@surroundedbyhills

I was referring to the paramedic…

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

@deveron53 – maybe we should…

EDIT:
    although not sure that’s very “gentlemanly”.

hora
    Free Member

Which one of us do you fancy?

This stuff will make you a god damned sexual Tyrannosaurus, just like me

Houns

“SinglesAttractWorld™”

74 men for every Woman

cynic-al
    Free Member

Houns you got a link to the gym girl thread?

Houns

Nope, hope someone could find it. iirc it was called “gym etiquette”

DezB
    Free Member

sexual Tyrannosaurus

Masturbation not an option.

flowerpower
    Free Member

74 men for every Woman

Do we get a break inbetween them? 😯 (that’s alot of coffee)

footflaps

“SinglesAttractWorld™”

74 men for every Woman

And not one of them a cyclist…..

Mister-P
    Free Member

I was out with a single female friend last night and we were discussing POF as we are both on it. I got a “Would like to meet” request from a woman who claimed to be 41 (not sure if that was years or stone) so I showed my friend. She showed me just how many of those an attractive woman gets via POF on a daily basis. I was shocked at just how many blokes there are in the pond. Made me feel a little better about my lack of success.

crazy-legs

She showed me just how many of those an attractive woman gets via POF on a daily basis. I was shocked at just how many blokes there are in the pond.

I was on Fitness Singles about 4 years ago – met a girl on there and after a month or so we both deleted our profiles. While doing that though, she showed me some of the emails she’d got – cringeworthy.

Most were little more than “Phworr, you look like you’d be a good shag”, one was from a bloke quite openly saying that she looked like she’d make an ideal “bit on the side” while he was working away from home. 😯 🙄

She had a list of about 250 profiles that she’d blocked from contacting her. So yes, a lot of people in the pond but standards weren’t high. One of the reasons she gave for meeting up wth me was that I’d sent a funny / original email.

Jungli
    Free Member

Umm, sorry.. I forgot about this thread..

As I posted up on here before I got messaged on the 1st Jan by a lovely lady. We hit it off fairly quickly by message and by telephone conversation (unusual for me) and met about a week later. Apart from her being “utterly overwhelmed” (her words) for the first half an hour it all went really well. The following week she invited me to stay at her place, she stayed at mine the week after blah blah, and we are now at the point where we have agreed to see each other exclusively and come off the dating site. She wants me to meet her parents and friends and wants to meet mine which I’m ok with so all good so far.

We have agreed to just see where it goes but it looks promising.

In terms of my other online dating adventures I was on Match.com for a while.. I was seeing a beautiful Russian doctor who was a fair bit younger than me (I’m 41 she was 29) and the differences in our maturity was very obvious. We did like each other and there was lots of attraction but the we wanted different things.. i.e. She wanted to get married and I was bloody not!

I also spent a few months seeing a Lithuanian lady.. again younger than me at 30 and also a Dr but this time in Clinical Psychology. She was bonkers pretty but also sadly bonkers.. On our first date she wanted to know when I would know if I wanted to spend the rest of my life with her and it went on from there. Lots of pressure and stress as she wanted marriage and kids very quickly and I ended up feeling like a cross between a cash cow and a sperm bank.. Ended that.

I should probably mention that I separated from my ex-wife in Oct 2012 and haven’t even finalised my own divorce yet so all this marriage talk was turning me right off.

The lady I am seeing at the moment is very chilled.. no pressure, no stress, very pretty and lots of substance as well as form… more fingers crossed.

Phew! 🙂

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Jeez Jungli sounds like you dodged a double barrel there!

I was thinking this thread was going a bit quiet, in a true to life relfection of my own feelings…I feel quite jaded by the whole experience and have stopped bothering.

That said I have a second date with the chatty hillwalker type on Sunday and she’s agreed to go cycling, maybe things are moving in the right direction.

DezB
    Free Member

I’ve got an update!
    Saw some pics of a local(ish) woman, looked ok (er, rephrase that: Very attractive compared to 99% of PoFers!), funny profile, no cliches.. So I messaged (not something I’m in a habit of doing!) Few chat messages, seemed ok but not overly keen… “I’ve been chatting to another man and we’re arranging to meet”. Huh. Someone got in there first. Ok see ya, good luck.
    That’s all!

maxtorque

I’d quite like to go out with that Hannah girl off of that “make unfit people nearly die” TV program! Her brother is on STW, does that count as “online dating”???

😉

davetrave
    Free Member

Ha! First experience of meeting somebody from POF the other night…

Couple of years older than me (no biggie, my wife was 6 years my senior…), relatively attractive, likes hills & walking, running. I’m new to the area so asked her if she’d mind suggesting a nice pub to go to dinner for, which she did. Then proceeded to be 45 minutes late as she didn’t actually know how to get there, good start… And that was it…

Although, in a way it did me some good – realised I’m trying to get back on the horse a bit too quickly after separation. Time to go crazy, have some me time again for a while, buy the motorbike and do all the other things I/we wanted to do but family life, work, etc, got in the way of before we separated.

But some of the flipping descriptions on POF (and others!) – “average body shape”, jeez, some of the women who’ve selected “would like to meet” and have described themselves as that, then looking at the photo… Although, my job and profile pic are probably quite likely to attract some weirdos, maybe I should go try uniformdating… 🙄

I’m new to this internet dating thing, by the way… 😆

Mister-P
    Free Member

I have no idea what the “average” body shape is like but if you go by the women who describe themselves as average on dating websites I would have to say it actually means podgy.

davetrave
    Free Member

Yeah, well that was kind of what I was expecting but I’ve seen everything from somebody who’d be about a size 12 right up to 18-20. Although, isn’t the UK “average” dress size now something like a 16 anyway, what with our pending obesocalypse…?

DezB
    Free Member

Fat-ists!

Mister-P
    Free Member

I like women who look like they have skipped a couple of meals, not who look like they are on first name terms with the staff at Greggs.

davetrave
    Free Member

DezB – Member
    Fat-ists!

“No madam, I think you’ll find you’re fattest…”, badum-tish… 😆

stcolin
    Free Member

I’ve dipped my toe back into dating.

I have met a woman who is 6 years older than me, I’m 31, she is 37. She is great though, very easy going, easy on the eye etc. The age gap is bothering me somewhat, but should it?

Does anyone have any experiences of dating an older woman?

5thElefant
    Free Member

The age gap is bothering me somewhat, but should it?

Don’t know. It’s up to you.

My mrs is 10 years older than me.

My niece’s boyfriend is 12 years younger than her.

haroldfinch
    Free Member

In my opinion it would be find till roughly three years time when there’s a massive TICK TOCK of a biological clock in the corner of the room!

This is not based on experience…much!

davetrave
    Free Member

The age gap is bothering me somewhat, but should it?

Entirely dependant on the cicrumstances, your attitude and hers. My wife’s 6 years older than me, she’s now mid forties, while I’m still late thirties. The age gap’s never bothered either of us – she doesn’t act like your typical mid forties woman now and has always had the mindset/attitude of someone more my age so it’s never been an issue for either us, she’s happy acting younger, she looks younger than she is and is very happy that that’s how people see her.

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

UPDATE

Just got dumped on Valentines night. Nice.

The reason ? She told me, after 2 dates, that she wanted kids. Now.

😯

Gutted, as I thought it was going really well. On the other hand…

3 beers in, and I may move on the single malt in a bit.

**** Valentines day.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Weird…this thread is on m front page yet is 3 weeks stale?

Deveron53
    Free Member

I think the mods deleted a post. I saw it this morning at the top of my favourites with a user name and SPAM as last poster.

Well, it was either spam or something else in need of immediate deletion!

DezB
    Free Member

Well, just to say, I have no updates! Well, except..
    There’s a woman at work I found out is single, so I “friended” her on Facebook. She friended me back but that was as far as it went. She’s got 100s of “Friends” so I think she just accepts everyone. That’s it…

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 363 total)

The topic ‘Online Dating Updates’ is closed to new replies.