Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 630 total)
  • Online dating help…
  • dashed
    Free Member

Whatever you do, keep it simple! If they turn out to be a loony and you’re tied into a long afternoon/evening with them it will be tedious for both. Quick drink, get to know each other a bit… You can always extend it to food or something but make sure you’ve got an early escape option in case you need it!!

Mister-P
    Free Member
    Junkyard
    Free Member

Its about being yourself and meeting someone suited to you if that is what you like doing then you want to meet someone else who would like doing it. Given that why not assuming they are ok with this.

I guess it depends on whether you want to meet a like minded individual or just bed someone you may have nothing in common with who you can “bang”.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Its about being yourself and meeting someone suited to you if that is what you like doing then you want to meet someone else who would like doing it. Given that why not assuming they are ok with this.

I guess it depends on whether you want to meet a like minded individual or just bed someone you may have nothing in common with who you can “bang”.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Likes duplicate posts, copying/pasting quotes and reading slowly.

aracer
    Free Member

Likes running, hills and screaming

emsz
    Free Member

I did 50 miles away for a bit. Gets tiring though

[grumpy] I want someone in the kitchen making me a brew [\grumpy]

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Likes making tea, grumpy women and lost causes.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Likes being evasive about his job whilst berating others for doing the same, culturing a faux persona on the internet and pretending to be posh whilst living in a bedsit in Runcorn 😉

You missed out spelling 😛

Likes brevity, not beating around the bush and euphemisms

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Likes being evasive about his job whilst berating others for doing the same, culturing a faux persona on the internet and pretending to be posh whilst living in a bedsit in Runcorn

Aww, never mind Junky, Runcorn’s not so bad, and you might not be there forever 😉

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

😀 @ Junky, as per! 😀

matt_outandabout

Likes brevity, not beating around the bush and euphemisms

I can give you one if you like….

DezB
    Free Member

I’ve not come across anyone that’d be down with cycling to a pub either though

I have. Well ugly.

allthegear
    Free Member

I have. Well ugly.

Some of us can (just about) manage to cycle down the pub and not be “well ugly”, you know!!!

Rachel

DezB
    Free Member

Er, yeah, but that “some of us” ain’t on a free dating site eh?! 😀

bikebouy
    Free Member

* likes tea, buscuits & reading threads

adjustablewench
    Free Member

That must be a shame Dezb if you cant bear to be in a car for more than 2 miles and only ugly girls on pof cycle to the pub

Maybe try to find ones that will walk to a cafe? ; D

DezB
    Free Member

Its a dilemma mate, I can tell you.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Likes ugly girls, beer goggles and a feeling of shame.

missnotax
    Free Member

I’ve given up on Internet dating and am spending my time and energy on building my mountain bike collection instead. Much more productive! 😉

adjustablewench
    Free Member

Yes, that way you’ll never be without a decent ride 😉

DezB
    Free Member

Need any help? 😉

missnotax
    Free Member

Quite 😉

A new Turner Burner and a week in Moab were my ‘stuff dating’ treats – looking forward to a winter hard tail, cats and Pinot Grigio next…! Bring on the mad bike / cat / wine lady reputation 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

Wow! Nice. Hey too many girls just like messaging, don’t you think? 😆

slowoldgit
    Free Member

I’ve looked at the ads in local papers sometimes. Tell me, is ‘country walking’ code for something naughty?

Likes pasty, chips and beans

Kunstler

Does that work???

If I were inclined to think that way, I would say that the Brigadoon/gallery thing ticks a few boxes. Some of them very well. The lady in question is very attractive and was not sourced via the internet – we know a little about each other already. Likes art, irony and indulgence.

I have had a relationship with someone I got to know over the net (not a dating site). We were 400 miles apart for more than a year and then together for seven years.
    She recently got married to someone else.

I’ve just remembered that I went on a date to the same gallery a couple of years back (no, not with the same girl). We laid on cushions listening to birdsong. It was a funny start to quite a brilliant night. That girl is getting married on Saturday. If my date goes well, do you think I should get in quick with my proposal?

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Likes pop tarts, Finish line and tyre levers.

Not ready for internet dating yet…

Junkyard
    Free Member

If i find a girl i want to marry will you date her first for Me Kunstler 😉

wiggles
    Free Member

This thread has made my Thursday night a lot more interesting…

I met my missus on line, 5 years and 2 kids ago!
    Wasn’t on a dating website though just through a forum I used at the time.

Definitely should start a singlebikersworld dating site though… Some serious hormones flying around in This place!

jambourgie
    Free Member

Women use internet forums?

adjustablewench
    Free Member

Shocking isnt it

jambourgie
    Free Member

I generally frequent music forums where they’re unheard of.

Hang on..

Women ride bikes?

wiggles
    Free Member

You will learn women can do many things…

Just not as often as you would like… Or ever once you have kids!

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Kunstler – Member

I have had a relationship with someone I got to know over the net (not a dating site). We were 400 miles apart for more than a year and then together for seven years. She recently got married to someone else.

I’ve just remembered that I went on a date to the same gallery a couple of years back (no, not with the same girl). We laid on cushions listening to birdsong. It was a funny start to quite a brilliant night. That girl is getting married on Saturday.

Jebus, when are you going to learn?? Take them to a nice chilled out bar or a really-good-but-off-the-radar restaurant!

At this rate, you’re going to start getting mentioned in father-of-the-bride speeches! Ya daft Kunstler!

Kunstler

If i find a girl i want to marry will you date her first for Me Kunstler

I could offer a unique service. We’d need to sync dating site profiles. You’ve nothing you don’t mind sharing do you?

hammyuk
    Free Member

missnotax – Member
    I’ve given up on Internet dating and am spending my time and energy on building my mountain bike collection instead. Much more productive!

A good partner doubles your collection though……

adjustablewench – Member
    Yes, that way you’ll never be without a decent ride

You aren’t riding the right personbike….

bikebouy
    Free Member

* likes Fridays, Fashion & Frilly Skirts 😉

emsz
    Free Member

Likes joy division, Molly’s bread, Friday night clubbing

nicko74

Funny, I was flicking through the TV ads last night on the PVR, and saw, in quick succession:
    “Real people, real problems”
    “Match.com”

It made me think of this thread and all of you… 🙂

adjustablewench
    Free Member

its ok hammyuk I have enough bikes to keep me amused too – the only thing that gets in the way these days is time

Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 630 total)

The topic ‘Online dating help…’ is closed to new replies.