Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 630 total)
  • Online dating help…
  • spawnofyorkshire

dislikes: people who skirt around what they’re actually meaning to say

jambourgie
    Free Member

Quite new to all this. One thing I’ve noticed is the ‘range’ of photos in a profile. Can sometimes look like three different Women! Oh, and those that post a pic of her with a mate, so you don’t know which one is ‘her’. Could be fun in a ‘Russian Roulette’ stylee…

aracer
    Free Member

Surely the usual rule of thumb is that she will be the least attractive one in the photo and hoping you guess wrong.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jambourgie
    Free Member

🙂

Indeed. I’m such a noob. Hence just lurking at the moment.

adjustablewench
    Free Member

likes laughing at this thread, having my fears about online dating confirmed and being pleased that having children and riding bicycles means that whatever happens i will be safe from the likes of Shibboleth

hammyuk
    Free Member

Leaving you free for the likes of me 😉

DezB
    Free Member

Oi! No fishing on my thread!

adjustablewench
    Free Member

yes hammyUK, you are only allowed to fish for dezb no here . . . and there’s a long queue apparently so you’ll have to get to the back (of the queue that is 😉 )

camo16
    Free Member

Has this gone off the boil then, or are you still texting the saucy Internet minx, Dez?

DezB
    Free Member

No – I’ve not been available, so she’ll have to wait 😉

(Just seen got another message last night from a lovely lady who is into decent music 😀 70 miles away though 🙁 )

allthegear
    Free Member

Why should 70 miles matter? My gf is 40 miles away – just made it easier to come up with the first excuse to stay over. 😉

edit – actually, she’s not 70 miles away – she’s in the kitchen making me a brew right now…

Rachel

DezB
    Free Member

I can’t drive 2 miles without losing my mind.
    No woman is worth a 70 mile drive. Maybe I’ll try the train if it goes anywhere!

camo16
    Free Member

No woman is worth a 70 mile drive.

Well, when I met the lovely lady destined to become Mrs16 (the lucky devil 😉 ), she was living in Liverpool and I was in Leeds. That meant loads of long trips, on the National Express no less. Worth it, though.

Junkyard
    Free Member

a lovely lady who is into decent music

So you are not looking for someone who shares your tastes then 😉

Pyro

Maybe I’ll try the train if it goes anywhere!

You better hope it does…

I have no advice to offer. I like bikes, beers and my beard. Fortunately for me, so does my other half (7 years).

Houns

You wouldn’t see a perfect woman because she’s 70miles away?!!

The woman I’m dating is 110 minute motorway drive away from me

DezB
    Free Member

110 minutes? Blimey. No, I can’t do driving. Not for anything. (Well, sometimes to see bands but they’re important, like.)

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Likes cruise control, four wheel drive and heated wing mirrors.

Shibboleth
    Free Member

I use a doughnut principal: no closer than 10 miles and no further than 50 miles.

This helps avoid becoming tunnel buddies with people I know, and keeps fuel expenditure to a minimum…

Likes fresh meat, the environment and late night booty calls.

DezB
    Free Member

tunnel buddies

I feel I’ve lived a sheltered life compared to some.

dashed
    Free Member

I never met anyone to go on a second date with through POF but I had plenty of decent evenings with nice people, just none that really clicked for me. You’ve got to filter the nutter though!

I definitely put a few girls off with direct approach (3 messages rule – ask them out in 3rd message) as had too many experiences of endless texts which just faded out or when you did meet up there just wasn’t any attraction there. I reckon it’s about 50/50 for girls who thought similar and those who wanted to message for weeks first…

I think POF is definitely a numbers game whereas some of the other (pay) sites are a bit more tailored – I went on far fewer dates through fitness singles, but definitely higher chance of clicking with people from there.

And on the distance thing – current girl definitely feels like a keeper, met in the real world not through internet but she’s 200+ miles away… The tricky bit is getting through the initial getting-to-know-each-other and figuring out if it’s worth it – takes a bit more planning than popping down the pub for a pint – but once you know then you just work around the distance/travelling.

scaled
    Free Member

Ok Guys, riddle me this.

Lovely girl messaged me a few days back, exchanged numbers, texts and a few phone calls.

All seemed to be going well, she said she’d phone Tuesday night and was good for that, she was really keen and got a bit ‘heated’ on the phone, she invited me round to hers on Wednesday, 5 mins later the phone cut out mid sentence while she was talking.

Tried to call her back and it was dead. Flat battery I assumed, went back to fixing my tyres.

Not heard anything since and she’s subsequently deleted her profile.

I’ve sent her 2 texts since (one after the phone died, another the next day asking if she’s alright)

I can’t work it out, which trapdoor have I fallen down? Should I just chalk this up to mentalist behaviour and steer well clear?

I’m going out with my old mistress tonight, my trust Mega.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Likes doughnuts, fresh meat and life in the fast lane.

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Scaled, was it on POF or a pay site? If a profile vanishes off POF, it’s been deliberately removed but her membership could have just expired on a pay site.

Sounds a bit odd, the “getting heated” bit is unusual unless you’ve specifically tried to get the conversation into that ballpark…

Sounds like a nutter, a scammer, or a married/attached woman that’s been caught out!

Junkyard
    Free Member

Not heard anything since and she’s subsequently deleted her profile.

Married /in a relationship and got found out?

Who knows? If she wanted to contact you she would and she has not- you dont need to be an expert in human behaviour to read what that means even if we dont know why she did it.
    Granted it is a bit odd/weird and would make me think as well.

scaled
    Free Member

It was POF, I thought it would be a getting to know you chat as we’ve both got kids, took me by surprise!

The last one occurred to me, heart says throw one more phone call her way on the way to my night ride head says RUN FOR THE HILLS

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Another thing to be very mindful of, there are a lot of women that have a row with their boyfriend, set up a profile and will talk very openly/suggestively with the first bloke that pays them any attention, only to bottle it and make up with the ex a few days later.

Sounds like she could be one of those…

plyphon
    Free Member

RUN FOR THE HILLS

That just screams straight run for the hills.

bikebouy
    Free Member

* likes Liver, Chianti & showers 😉

adjustablewench
    Free Member

likes lotion. doing as i’m told and baskets

nwgiles

allthegear – Member
    Why should 70 miles matter?

wish mine was 70 miles away, would have to ring before leaving to make sure I was really in

jambourgie
    Free Member

Likes Phil Collins, Oliver Peoples Glasses and Dorcia.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Like dairylea, the smell of diesel in the morning and voltaire expecially Candide, ou l’Optimisme

Kunstler

I’d hoped this thread had moved on a bit. I’ve got a date on Saturday and I was hoping for some tips. We were going to cycle to a pub but the weather will probably rule that out. I thought maybe a cosy pub with a fire then to a screening of Brigadoon in an art gallery.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Likes all weather cycling, fireside sofas in pubs and watching old films in art galleries.

Shibboleth
    Free Member

then to a screening of Brigadoon in an art gallery.

Does that work???

Houns

then to a screening of Brigadoon in an art gallery.

Is that code for something referring to something that’d get you banned on here?

scaled
    Free Member

That certainly wasn’t on my radar as a first date.

I’ve not come across anyone that’d be down with cycling to a pub either though

hammyuk
    Free Member

adjustablewench – Member
    likes lotion. doing as i’m told

Best start a new thread…..

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Kunstler, the 1950s have been on the phone, they want their seduction techniques back!

Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 630 total)

The topic ‘Online dating help…’ is closed to new replies.