Viewing 40 posts - 521 through 560 (of 630 total)
  • Online dating help…
  • DezB
    Free Member

1. I’m not the paranoid type. (She’s real enough anyway)
    2. I left a message on her account – she replied
    3. I’m not free until after next weekend so there’s no point pushing it
    4. I’m really not that bothered! If something happens it happens. I’m too lazy to chase it 😀
    STW is my dating substitute 😉

hammyuk
    Free Member

STW is my dating substitute

You have issues…..

bearnecessities

irony /???r?ni/

noun the expression of one’s meaning by using language that normally signifies the opposite, typically for humorous or emphatic effect.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Blimey its not easy is it?

I can handle the complete blanks I do it too but when you hit it off and suggest a meet up for a walk then total blank…

Makes it all seem rather pointless!

oldnick

Bump

Any news anyone? This is the best thread in ages, and reminded me of my very short and unsuccessful time on internet dating sites.

Not been a problem for the last couple of years as I met someone the old fashioned way (way out of my depth with her 😳 ) since when I have successfully stayed single (well done me!).

However whilst the flat was spotless in its bachelor pad days, it now looks as though I’m a relative of Edmund Trebus’s. I’m going to have to get back on the horse if I’m ever to see the surfaces in the kitchen again…

joshvegas
    Free Member

I have been discussing bikes with a young lady, i got a bit stroppy the other day and started writing bollocks on my profile, since then its been better!

Also changing my profession to designing wind farms… winner!

scaled
    Free Member

Well, I had one that was a **** weirdo with pictures of someone else on her profile. shibbys Google image search trick lead to a rather curt conversation and the she actually tried to blag her way out of it in the face of the evidence, quite literally delusional.

Nothing on the go at the moment, deactivated all my profiles until I move house, nuff drama as it is 😀

Shibboleth
    Free Member

I have been discussing bikes with a young lady, i got a bit stroppy the other day and started writing bollocks on my profile, since then its been better! – See more at: http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/online-dating-help/page/16#sthash.KhF3hWPv.dpuf

I always found the “bollocks on profile” approach worked well… Written, of course, not photos! 😯
    It makes it far easier for someone to strike up a conversation… What on earth do you say to someone who likes “going out or staying in”, does a bit of parachuting (once, 14 years ago on a gap year in Oz) or who lists their interests as “planking and banter wid me mates”.

I only once dated a girl that was a keen cyclist – she recognised the groupset of my roadbike on one of my profile pics and her opening line was “Is that the new 11-speed Dura Ace?”…

Alarm bells should have rung – I’m fully aware that my bike-geekery is a serious personality disorder, the last thing you want is to people with the same issues getting together!

Anywho, I’m still dating the Perfect 10 I met around 3 months ago… She’s even discovered the carefully disguised bike room with 11-or-so bikes in it, and whilst she thinks it’s a bit weird, she doesn’t seem overly worried. 😉

flowerpower
    Free Member

Well – I’ve gone and done it…

Signed up a couple of days ago and am completely out of my depth! Keep getting ‘interest’ from guys 20years older than me, mountain bikers in the USA and a South African body builder… Come on local guys – where are you??

I got one hello message, replied nicely – recognised a local trail on his photos, asked a couple of questions – never heard from him again. I know that I can repel guys from 30ft, but scaring them away by saying hello, it’s a whole new skill… 😳

Better not say too much on here though… I think you might be my target audience 👿

DezB
    Free Member

Where’s local? 😉

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Maybe we should have a Blind Date style thread with Flowerpower asking 3 eligible bachelors 3 cheesy questions… I’ll be Cilla…

Any volunteers? 😉

Houns

*fires up pof search*

hammyuk
    Free Member

I’m in 😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

I think you might be my target audience

It cannot be that bad can it

I am out as i am spoken for

joshvegas
    Free Member

Its frustrating how you cant filter,

For instance filtering all girls who like beards would be convenient!

joshvegas
    Free Member

Likes niche mountain biking, being genuine, rejection.

Who will be our graham?

Shibboleth
    Free Member

For instance filtering all girls who like beards would be convenient!

Shaving your beard would be easier… And probably broaden your appeal… 😉

emsz
    Free Member

Is this turning into a “I seem to crap at dating and need somewhere to cry/scream/laugh about the mad people on dating sites?

Hello, my name is Emsz. I appear to repel normal people 😆 some super power 🙄

Ps can we not let Rachel anywhere near this thread, she’ll only gloat LOL

slowoldgit
    Free Member

Do you suppose the local contact was hoping to play away from home?

Oh, and I’m too old.

flowerpower
    Free Member

Sorry – too far north for you DezB 8)

Joshvegas – that would be cool, I love beards – but can’t grow a whole one 😉

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Who will be our graham?

Annoying… Condescending… Not particularly funny…

JUNKY?? You’re needed… 😉

Houns

I just want to meet someone lovely, intelligent, cute and someone to go on the odd bike ride with. Not hard surely?!

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Hey Houns, how you doin… 😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

e- mail in profile Houns …you can have a reach round as well
    assuming you can put up with my unappealing traits obviously

hammyuk
    Free Member

One if the biggest issues are women who because of past relationships have real issues with someone still being able to talk to their ex!
    C’mon! Kids, property, etc mean a lot of us have chosen to be adults, split before it got nasty, have the welfare of the kids in mind so do talk, remain friends, etc.
    Deal with it ladies or buy the Crazy Cat Lady Starter Kit….

joshvegas
    Free Member

I actually think its quite good fun its a open arena to judge people heavily.

Flowerpower i will settle for a tache aslong as you can twist the ends.

Houns

I may have to resort to that shib

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Houns, your post sounds like you’re looking for 2 people… I’ll be the person to “go on the odd bike ride” with.

You can plump for Junky for your other needs, although he doesn’t satisfy any of the 3 criteria you specified… 😉

joshvegas
    Free Member

The ex thing is very true!

Houns

😆

Junkyard
    Free Member

That one even made me chuckle Chapeau

DezB
    Free Member

One if the biggest issues are women who, because of past relationships, have real issues with someone still being able to talk to their ex!
    (commas added for my own needs 🙂 )

I haven’t got far enough to find this out. But I hope I don’t attract that kind of nutter!

hammyuk
    Free Member

Not nuts DezB – just ruin it for themselves!
    It’s ok for them to have kids.
    It’s ok for you to have kids.
    But it’s not ok for you to be able to have a conversation with your ex without arguing, because they can’t with theirs 😯

Mister-P
    Free Member

I think some of you need to watch this[/url]

jambourgie
    Free Member

“I’m just a humble motherf*cker with a big-ass d*ck”

-Bunk, The Wire

Shibboleth
    Free Member

A big ass dick?? I would have thought that might put a few ladies off… 😯

scaled
    Free Member

I was actually on a little (and my first in 7 years) impromptu date the other night, i rode to the pub as it’s only a couple of miles away and locked my bike up outside.

As we were leaving I got a really snotty look, “Is that your only road bike?” If i hadn’t been a giddy idiot beforehand I was after that

I did stipulate on my profile that a working understanding of n+1 would be required.

Houns

Likes chatting to pretty Redheads for a week, getting on well, receiving a text saying she’s not over her ex and not ready to date.

Women!

Junkyard
    Free Member

Shame but better to find out now than next week after the date!

Houns

(It’s usually code for “I can’t be arsed with you I’m chatting to someone better now”)

Viewing 40 posts - 521 through 560 (of 630 total)

The topic ‘Online dating help…’ is closed to new replies.