Viewing 40 posts - 441 through 480 (of 630 total)
  • Online dating help…
  • adjustablewench
    Free Member

I always whistle/sing Bicycle Race when I unlock one of mine

Unlock a bicycle or a naked lady? – love that video, makes the t-shirt one look soooo tame

(feel its safe to say on here – but will keep that comment away from the other thread!)

oldnick

I used to enjoy designing a woman selecting parameters, until I realised that what I wanted didn’t exist, or had a very different idea of ‘slim’ ‘athletic’ or on one notable occasion ‘late thirties’.

joshvegas
    Free Member

I thought it was a if you both say maybe you find out about each other type thing.

Whats with the distances they think are acceptable? Pretty unlikely i am going to travel up to angus for a cup of coffee if i am in edinburgh!

I was trying to be genuine as that what every girl seems to want but i might just lie and unleash my true personality on the second date.

hammyuk
    Free Member

adjustablewench – Member
    love that video, makes the t-shirt one look soooo tame
    (feel its safe to say on here – but will keep that comment away from the other thread!)

They admit in their documentary that a lot of “fun” went on that day after filming and more than just the saddles got sniffed 😉

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

I think the Queen video is waaaaaay more tasteful than the t-shirt one!

I’m only 29 you know!

Shibboleth
    Free Member

I was trying to be genuine as that what every girl seems to want but i might just lie and unleash my true personality on the second date.

You have to bear in mind that an “average” looking woman will get several emails a day, so you’re going to have to find some way of standing out if you’re going to get noticed. Also, from what I’ve been told, women get so many emails that they don’t even bother opening half of them. I tended to restrict my emails to women who’d viewed my profile winked/expressed-an-interest. Made it easier to use a genuine-sounding, disarming opening gambit, even if it was largely copied-and-pasted, something along the lines of:
    “Hey, I noticed you’d looked at my profile but didn’t send a message… So you’re either the type of person that’s not comfortable sending messages to strange men on the internet, or, you found my pics totally repulsive… etc, etc.”

My profile was a very sarcastic dissection of the weird and wonderful world of dating that hinted at a few disastrous dates and contained plenty of observations of the process that gave women plenty of scope to send a message without having to struggle for something to say. It’s a tricky tactic – you know that you’re going to alienate a large proportion of the women who don’t “get” the humour, but I figured that I’d not want to date someone who didn’t have a sarcastic streak!

You bought a mirror

No, I found a perfect 10 a few months ago… I’m still waiting for someone to tell me it’s some sort of wind-up! (Match Dot Com if you’re wondering…)

Likes fat-bottomed girls, comfy saddles and wet-wipes.

DezB
    Free Member

Argh. I messaged one last night who didn’t have a photo… BAAAAD move!
    A photo has been added 😯

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Why would you do that Dez?? If a man doesn’t have a profile pic, it’s because he’s married. If a woman doesn’t have one, it’s because she’s butt ugly!

Schoolboy error..

euain

Do you get to rate your date afterwards?

Like eBay feedback? Could have a few different categories – start with “Did they arrive on time” – 1 to 5 stars.. and then whatever other categories you can imagine 😉

Then at least you could have a date where 99% of people say “He/she looked like picture”..

There must be potential for this..

DezB
    Free Member

Why would you do that Dez??

Boredom!

DezB
    Free Member

Do you get to rate your date afterwards?

Yes, although I’m not sure if anyone but the datee sees it.

Shibboleth
    Free Member

There is a feedback facility on POF but it’s really not used very much… If you think about it, why would it? If the date went well, you wouldn’t want to big that girl up to other blokes, and it would be rather ungentlemanly to give an honest rating of a disastrous date!

adjustablewench
    Free Member

And there was me thinking I’d taken my picture off because the number of messages was just silly – but I now realise its because im butt ugly 🙂

On the other hand I havent logged in for ages so am not really a serious pof user, and probably shouldnt comment 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

I’d taken my picture off because the number of messages was just silly

How many a day? Just interested to know how many a butt ugly female would get 😉

hammyuk
    Free Member

adjustablewench – Member
    And there was me thinking I’d taken my picture off because the number of messages was just silly – but I now realise its because I’m butt ugly

matter of opinion 😉

Shibboleth
    Free Member

So you took your pic off just to reduce the amount of messages you get?? Yeah right. 🙄

DezB
    Free Member

Shibboleth. he know how to talk to ladeez 😆

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Yup, even the ugly ones… 😉

bikebouy
    Free Member

* likes stroking, striking and streaking 😀

adjustablewench
    Free Member

happy to be ugly to you Shib – unfortunately all you need on pof is a pulse an a pic to show you aren’t actually a pig-in-a-wig and you really do get bombarded, but others have said the same too so you don’t have to take my word for it 🙂

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

adjustablewench
    Free Member

😆

DezB
    Free Member

the search is over!
    My inbox:
    How are you?? My name is Anastasiya! i seek a gentleman. I enjoy walking, arting! Write me mail on nastya.anastasiya@poczta.onet.pl Bye bye, Anastasiya.

Oh yesss!

(Shame her “F” key isn’t working)

stcolin
    Free Member

Sounds legit. Send her your bank details, skip the small talk.

hammyuk
    Free Member

adjustablewench – Member
    all you need on pof is a pulse an a pic

You have a pulse? (runs off to see where the hell Oxspring is…….)

likes women with a pulse, sarcasm and google maps

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

google search on the image finds nothing… seems legit 😉

adjustablewench
    Free Member

well she looks ‘armless

jekkyl

is that lass trying to show us she shaves her pits?

nicko74

(Shame her “F” key isn’t working)

😆

piemonster

Good thread. Thoroughly approved.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Surprising who you end up chatting to 🙂

bigblackheinoustoe
    Free Member

oh, Hello again Hammy 😉

Mister-P
    Free Member

Well I took a bit of advice from this thread. Spotted a rather nice blonde lady on a dating site and sent her a message. Turns out she is into mountain bikes although this wasn’t mentioned on her profile. Then on the third message I asked her out for a drink as per Shib’s advice. So far no response but it was later on last night. Fingers crossed.

DezB
    Free Member

Hey! I was after her! 😆

Junkyard
    Free Member

I asked her out for a drink as per Shib’s advice

You read this thread and you listened to what he said 😯

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Then on the third message I asked her out for a drink as per Shib’s advice. So far no response but it was later on last night. Fingers crossed.

Good luck Mister P! Fortune favours the brave… If she doesn’t reply, you can always fall back on the “Sorry, was I rushing things? I just thought we had a lot in common so it would be good to meet, see if we click…” sort of thing.

I tended to include a bit of NLP when asking… On the second or so message (right after she’s asked how you’re finding the website – they always do) I’d throw in something like “Yeah, there seem to be lots of nice people… A lot of people just seem to be looking for pen pals and never actually go on dates!!”

That way, she’ll be keen to prove to you that she’s not one of those people that frustrate you so much… (for all the doubters, shoot me down, but 90% of the time, this works ALL of the time ;))

Then, when you come to ask, you say something like “so, are we going to meet for drink? Or are you one of those girls that just likes emailing…”

It’s just sales… Attract, convert, close. Then seal the deal 😉

cuterunner
    Free Member

?????????

???????????

Junkyard
    Free Member

of course you could play games and use his cunning Jedi mind tricks.
    Then again you could just have the confidence to be yourself rather than project a façade to cover up your inadequacies and lack of confidence

Likes baiting,honesty and people comfortable enough to be themselves

Shibboleth
    Free Member

people comfortable enough to be themselves

This is me being myself… 😉

You might have the rest of your life to “be yourself”, but you’ll never know unless you win the dating game.

DezB
    Free Member

Then again you could just have the confidence to be yourself rather than project a façade

Nah, tried that, doesn’t work.. 🙁

(I know there was a thread about it, but what is the actual point of cuterunner’s posts?)

Viewing 40 posts - 441 through 480 (of 630 total)

The topic ‘Online dating help…’ is closed to new replies.