• This topic has 17 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Bazz.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Online coffee bean sellers?
  • vdubber67
    Free Member

Any recommendations for good suppliers? Seem to be lots out there, so wondering where to try?

Cheers

Rich

nmdbase
    Free Member

Hasbean is the one

iDave
    Free Member

hasbean

forge197
    Free Member

Hasbean used 1st time recently have used others but the updates and speed of delivery simply great. Nice beans too as an aside well 2 or 3 I bought I liked 🙂

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Hasbean subscription.

manton69

Hasbean (another) +1

forge197
    Free Member

neil – what has the mix been like on the subscription?

Sandwich

Monmouth in London. Courier fees are steep though unless you buy 3kg at a time.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Big Maggies

(Magnus Backstead)

matthewjb
    Free Member

Hasbean

Get the Espresso starter pack to get going.

nmdbase
    Free Member

Anyone roast their own?

doc_blues
    Free Member

hasbean… on about my 4th sub now… good mix and great for trying stuff. like their espresso blends too.

also quite like waitrose’s expresso beans for generall run of the mill stuff…

WEJ

Anyone roast their own?

Yes, started with a popcorn roaster. Now have a Gene Cafe roaster. Lots of of information on:

http://www.home-barista.com/home-roasting/

and

http://www.sweetmarias.com/instructions.php

Easiest and best way to have fresh coffee, which, as has been said, is essential for good espresso. Not so important for other types of brew.

fourbanger
    Free Member

I though there was some guff spouted on here about the feel of bikes, but that coffee forum is a whole nuther level!

Bazz

Do any of these online coffee retailers sell fair trade coffee?

crazy-legs

Do any of these online coffee retailers sell fair trade coffee?

Fairtrade means very little. It was originally introduced to artificially raise the prices of coffee but now the Fairtrade price is actually way below the market value.
    That’s the main reason that Starbucks switched their entire supply to Fairtrade, it was cheaper than market value! (although it’s also good PR for them).

Hasbean pay their suppliers considerably more than the price that Fairtrade set.

doc_blues
    Free Member

hasbean doesnt I believe, heres why:
    http://faq.hasbean.co.uk/questions/13/Fair+Trade+for+who%3F+A+counter+view+to+the+Fair+Trade+Debate+

interesting as a flip side of the fairtrade coin which made me think about fairtrade a sa whole

Bazz

Thanks for that i’ll have a read when i have more time.

On the whole i think the idea of fair trade is a good one, it may not be perfect but at least someone is trying.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Online coffee bean sellers?’ is closed to new replies.