Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • online bike shop – recommendations please
  • soobalias
    Free Member

ive got a shopping list, its not long really but so far i cant find a ‘shop’ that has everything in stock. I visited my lbs three weeks ago and for a variety of reasons, was not able to get what i wanted there either.

front mech
    XT cable set
    chain lube
    suspension oil (5wt & 10wt)
    tubeless solution.

so far tried CRC, Wiggle and Merlin

Where next?

cheburashka
    Free Member

activesport.co.uk

edit, no seriously don’t. On second thoughts it’s just not funny and I couldn’t live with myself.

Try Winstanleys, Petra, Leisurelakesbikes, Stif et al

z1ppy

http://www.rosebikes.co.uk/ £5 P&P but the prices make it well worth it…. though you only need a front mech, it might not be so worth while..

suspension oil (5wt & 10wt) – your local silkolene stockist (probably a motorbike shop)

Stan’s 900ml for £18 @ Tredz (not used em before but it’s very cheap)

soobalias
    Free Member

should i add that their site has to work with IE6.

soobalias
    Free Member

ok, i bailled on the suspension oils and Tredz have been able to provide the rest.

thanks.

soobalias
    Free Member

yesterday afternoon i get an email from tredz saying

“Unfortunately you ordered just as we were awaiting a restock, but we’re still aiming to get the item to you soon: likely next week”

grrrrrrr. not sorry our stock control is shocking and our website isnt live……

s4rpf
    Free Member

Wish id seen this thread. Tredz are useless and don’t seem to carry anything in stock. even if they have it in there stores they run there website as a completely separate company so wont transfer stock.

soobalias
    Free Member

would be nice if they could at least say which part (of 3) was out of stock, possibly ship the rest.

despite my confirmation transaction information email stating thay will not process the payment till the goods are ready for despatch – the money is gone from my account as it was a paypal payment, but i guess thats standard practice.

GeForceJunky

I just placed 2 orders from Tweek Cycles (newish cycle branch of the large motorsport shop Demon Tweeks) and they both arrived very quickly and were well priced. One ordered at 12.15 lunch and arrived the next morning, the other was 00:15 and arrived the next morning so both were next day.

http://www.tweekcycles.com

theflatboy
    Free Member

I find Noahs Ark very good. Worth a look to see how their prices stack up for what you need.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘online bike shop – recommendations please’ is closed to new replies.