Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Ongoing paypal/fedex farce
  • jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

I sold my Trigger in July for about £1300 to a chap in London.

Sent by Fedex through a company that ships large items that I know at a good price.

There’s been some sort of cock up with the delivery, really confusing mess really. Someone signed for it that wasn’t the buyer basically. Paypal held my funds for a while, then rleased them as I had receipt and proof of delivery.

Now my funds have been re held, paypal say it’s an ongoing dispute between the buyers bank and fedex and me.

Fedex won’t let me talk to them because I’m not the account holder, that’s the company I sent the bike with, who have already been sending me everything that’s been going on, including the Fedex investigation team report first time around.

What the hell do I do? It’s been really dodgy since the start, a long long list of weird and wonderful lies and coincidences.

plyphon
    Free Member

Tricky.

I guess all you can do to collect and back up all evidence you’ve got. See if you can get the signature recorded on delivery.

Maybe try to argue to PayPal that you’ve done everything as per their terms of service and that it’s for the delivery company to pay up.

Thought I suspect PayPal will tell you to do one as it’s for you to claim against the delivery company.?

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

Feel a bit lost, Paypal said they’re dealing with the dispute and will contact me when dispute is over and Fedex wont talk to me because I’m not the acount number. All I’m certain of is I’m the only one who can prove they did nothing wrong.

plyphon
    Free Member

In that case you can tell PayPal they have reasonable time to investigate, but after which you want your money.

You could get your bank involved? Or the ombudsman.

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

Cheers, think I’ll ring bank today.

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

Bank say they can’t help because the money has never been in my account.

cchris2lou

Why is there a dispute ? Buyer did not get the bike ?

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

Because Fedex delivered it to totally the wrong person.

nickjb
    Free Member

If you contracted a shipping co who then contracted FedEx were you can only deal with the the shipping co. You claim from them, they claim from FedEx. I’d also still keep on at PayPal. I’ve actually found them OK to deal with, you just need to jump through all their hoops. Best way to contact them seems to be on the phone.

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

On hold now to talk to them again. They do seem okay, last time this happened when they resolved it first time round they put my balance right straight away. This time is different though, say it will take 90 days at least for the claim to go through.

I get why the buyer is miffed, I think what has happened is he’s given a vague duff address. The driver has taken it there where someone (who has been described as breaking down old cars in a yard on the report, so not a conceirge) The buyer hasn’t been able to find this bloke and now everyones in a mess. Oddly I got a text off the buyer saying he needs to send the bike back to me after the first dipute, which I think will definatley not be the trigger.

nealglover
    Free Member

Oddly I got a text off the buyer saying he needs to send the bike back to me after the first dipute

So your buyer is saying he wants to return a bike he claims he’s never had delivered ??

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

Yep. After dozens of texts saying he’s never had it, about three weeks later he’s wanting to send it back again.

nealglover
    Free Member

Ask him to email you via eBay messages and request a return.

Ewan
    Free Member

Yep. After dozens of texts saying he’s never had it, about three weeks later he’s wanting to send it back again.

Is he scamming you? Buys bike, claims not delivered, thinks paypal will find in favour of the buyer – gets refund and bike. However he’s now got cold feet as he thinks you have enough evidence to win the dispute?

federalski
    Free Member

What a mess, 3 weeks is a good chunk of time for them to look in to it.

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

I’m not sure mate. He’s escelated it through his bank this time, that’s why it’s happened again.

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

Oddly I’ve just looked up the buyer on ebay and he’s no longer an ebay member.

nealglover
    Free Member

Scam.

ctk
    Free Member

Scam. There was a case in the paper where somebody sold a Fender Strat. Buyer claimed only an empty case turned up! What can you do about people who are willing to lie?

ctk
    Free Member

Notice he’s sold some car parts which make me think the address was right.

Markie
    Free Member

Given the bike was signed for by someone breaking down old cars in a yard and the bike buyer was an eBay seller of broken down car bits, perhaps they have friends in common and will somehow be brought together by fate and thereby become able to sort things out!… 🙄

Good luck OP.

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

When I sold it his paypal & ebay addresses were different so I’ve giot text messages from him telling me the correct address. There’s a whole investigation Fedex did and how dodgy it was.

Reckon eBay can help me?

Markie
    Free Member

Yes.

I’d think you need to get eBay to take in the FedEx report, and provide eBay with a full list of coincidences / dodginess / texts / everything along with a summary of events with you joining up the dots for them.

It may be this is written and sent to them, or it may be done over the phone. I know I’d want it written down even if I was then just reading it back to them – it would mean I wouldnt miss stuff and I’d know that I was being clear.

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

They say they can’t help because the case hasn’t been raised on ebay, it’s paypal.

spooky_b329

Can you raise a case on eBay and state your findings re: non -member, car parts, the odd return request? Also advise PayPal of this

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

Sadly I don’t think eBay will want to know due to the time that has elapsed.

This does sound like someone trying to scam you. If he has changed his story subsequent to the Investigations starting, I would persist until there is a conclusion. Regardless of the outcome (whether you get your money or not – I I hope you do), request written reports from FedEx and PayPal and go to the police.

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

When I contact police would you just ring 101?

bearnecessities

As mentioned above, get an email exchange going to return the bike – you’ll either get the bike back or more likely, evidence that he has the bike – someone tried something similar with me years ago and once I had that written statement he was in possession of the bike, PayPal sided with me over the phone (again as mentioned above, best way of dealing with them).

Be shrewd and good luck. 🙂

Edit: No, ring 999 🙂

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

So, Paypal rang me yesterday to tell me that the buyers bank had sided with him and I now owe them £1300.

I haven’t done a thing wrong, and the glimmer of hope I have got is the lad on paypal asked me all about it and saw the proof of postage and has escalated the case again.

Really worried if they won’t side with me as he said it may involve a debt recovery agency being brought in.

Anyone any advice?

woffle
    Free Member

speak to the police, get a reference number and then call ebay with it. Then they’ll take it (more) seriously. Good luck. From experience Paypal can be ok if you can get a proper human being to take ownership of the case.

it’s stuff like this that makes eBay and paypal a living hell sometimes.

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

I’ve spoken to police, I’ll try again tomorrow. eBay didn’t seem bothered at all, just said it’s paypals problem. To be fair paypal have been really good.

Just feel really really isolated here, I thought at worst Fedex would have to pay out

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Ongoing paypal/fedex farce’ is closed to new replies.