Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • oneupmanship
  • headfirst
    Free Member

THIS reminded me of THIS.

I wonder what wrightyson or project will be buying in July?

The Association of Teachers and Lecturers (ATL) says pupils and parents should not feel pressurised into buying end-of-term gifts for their teachers.

No that is wrong, the ATL are a useless union. As a teacher, I can confirm that parents SHOULD feel pressurised.

mtbfix

It should be as with other civil servants and no presents should be accepted nor offered as it constitutes a possible conflict of interests. Crickey you start at 9 and finish at 3 with about 6 months off each year what with holidays and inset days and now you expect apples and Playstations? Talk about a liberty!

warpcow
    Free Member

I remember my uncle coming to ours with a pen a kid had given him as a gift. He said, "It's only a pen. How much can it be worth?" Turned out to be some limited edition Montblanc (~£2000 😯 ). That was just the beginning!

fontmoss
    Free Member

i got a pen from kids i used to teach. turned out it was a biro.

westkipper
    Free Member

***k!, you lot are teachers, and you've not even learnt how to post on the right forum!
    Nae wonder the wains cannie spell 😀

cookeaa

Teachers get "End of term presents" now do they?

Both my parents were teachers (now retired) all the extra thanks they got for dealing with the little scrotes was the occasional house egging and the odd threat with a knife/fist from older brothers/Knuckle dragger Dads at the school gates…

And who the hell are the ATL anyway? NUT or NASUWT I’d maybe listen to but this lot?

Don’t think they ever got any actual gifts from parents… what’s the point when you can just confiscate their little darling’s ipod?

Teaching despite it’s obvious perks is a thankless job, Government, Parents and Tabloid press are largely out to score points and do the profession down these days, a couple of Mars bars at the end of the year for coaxing a Thicky through their GCSEs is hardly on the same scale as duck houses and 2nd home flipping is it….

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘oneupmanship’ is closed to new replies.