Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Oneplus X – anyone got one?
  • mrhoppy

My Xperia Z1 compact has died and I’m after a replacement, I’ve got an invite for a oneplus X but the reviews mention not great battery life and videos hanging up. Anyone got one and got any real life experience, is it just geeks pushing them hard or is there really an issue?

masher
    Free Member

I got one to replace a Moto X about 6 weeks back – mainly as its dual sim and it had a 2 weeks no quibble return policy. I didnt send it back.

Its a lovely looking phone, thinner, lovely screen, and nippy as…

I’d heard of video stuttering but I’ve watched a good few (from SD / internal storage) and not had any issues.

Screen is lovely – really nice. Battery life is about a day basically. Not quiet as good as the Moto.

There are some bugs in the oxygen layer but nothing critical so far.

The main downside to me is the marketing bollox of invites – reminds me of clubs creating queues outside just so they look popular.

There are some spec ommisions: eg nfc, 5g wifi but for the price and the dual sim with great screen / looks its good.

Invites wise I bought one on a Tuesday when they tend to be on general sale. Arrived on the Thursday.

Any questions let me know.

spicer
    Free Member

Yep, got one to replace my z1 (non-compact).

Battery isnt as good- where I could push my z1 to two days if I was careful, I normally finish the day with 20% left in the X. I have everything (emails, social media etc) set to full sync now I also have more data, so assume this impacts it. Or if I’m listening to music etc it’ll die in the evening before bed.

Camera not quite as good as the z1, but still good. Great to use, and looks great. Get a case though- it’s ‘slippery’ and easy to drop without one!

dannybgoode

You’ll be very hard pressed to beat the battery life of an Xperia Z phone. Most makes will see you through the day now but the Xperia Z range will get you two more times than not.

If I were you I’d go for a Z5 non – compact but not the Z5 Premium.

Superb camera, best implementation of a fingerprint scanner and the battery life you’re used to.

I moved from an Xperia Z3 Compact to an LG G4 and whilst I love the phone generally I’m always faintly disappointed by the battery…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Oneplus X – anyone got one?’ is closed to new replies.