• This topic has 38 replies, 35 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by ianv.
Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • One year ago today..
  • scotroutes

ojom and I rode round Rothiemurchus & Nethy Bridge, had cake and a cold drink sitting outside the Glen More cafe and then rode into Loch Einich.

Tonight, it’s snowing in Edinburgh
    😥

rOcKeTdOg

One year ago today i had a silly cyclist tan and a cough from dust inhalation. This year I have a S.A.D. box and frostbite

shortcut

I was north of Manchester heading for Penrith and them JoG.

Weather was perfect.

A few days later however we rode through horizontal sleet and then after we finished there was snow in Wick and the hills were all snowy on the train home.

hora
    Free Member

Nice pics/shared. Made me smile 🙂

headfirst
    Free Member

They’ve made me angrier than I already am! Between the weather and this government’s nastiness I couldn’t be more pissed off.

jodafett

One year ago today..

But look how the summer turned out! Maybe this weathers a sign of better things to come.

roverpig

Great pics, but we tend to forget that, while last March was great, last April it was cold wet and (at least up here in Aberdeenshire) it snowed.

nickc

But look how the summer turned out! Maybe this weathers a sign of better things to come.

God loves an optimist

OP; your friend just couldn’t find a loo in time, huh?

Drac

I worked pretty much for 3 months solid and missed the best of the weather for the year. Still had a cracking holiday from the proceeds with the wife and kids.

bedmaker

A year and a day ago 😕

Above Glen Strathfarrar, all day above 3000ft, 3 munros on the bike. In a T-shirt.

Pertex top on only when I stopped for lunch.

[/url]
    DSCF5729 by LOVATSTOVES, on Flickr[/img]

mcmoonter
    Free Member

This time last year we rode the Glen Tilt – Beinn a Ghlo loop. The trails, even the spongy peaty stuff was powder dry. We wore short sleeved jerseys.

scotroutes

This photo was taken a week after the one in my first post

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Couple of days off, but this was the 25th March last year

P3250008 by ir_bandito, on Flickr

And last Easter, 5th April, my lad made it all the way up Place Fell in the sunshine, (his cousins were carried)

DSC_0119 by ir_bandito, on Flickr

Rewarded with an ice cream in Patterdale

DSC_0127 by ir_bandito, on Flickr

D0NK

1 year ago it was ace weather but 2, 3, 4, 5? bet most of them it was showery windy and not great riding. Might be cold but where it’s snow free the trails are almost summer speed and grip. Wrap up and get out riding!

If you’re currently stuck inside your house beneath a 15′ snow drift I apologise for my glib comments.

scotroutes
    matt_outandabout

A day out over Glen Buckie, and the Finglas loop. Shorts, sunburn, not another person all day. Ace day out.

Where did the singletrack go? by matt_outandabout, on Flickr

D0NK

OK – this was 2 years ago

Unfortunately, gusting winds of up to 49mph and rains saw the team halt at Broxburn. At one point, Julie was forced to dismount and carry her bike due to the high winds.the defence rests m’lud

warton
    Free Member

yeah, 1 year and 1 week ago I got burnt to a crisp doing the Killhope Grimpeur in Weardale. This year it was cancelled due to snow!

vinnyeh

Yes, but iirc, this was Easter last year…. April

stumpy01

No Pics, but this time last year we were having a week off in Brockenhurst in the New Forest sitting in the beer garden of a pub until early evening in shorts & t-shirt!

Sanny
    Free Member

Captain Mainwaring, Donald and I rode the seven munros of Ben Lawers almost to the day. The next day was spend riding Glen Ample on my Fargo with Pistola and the next day was a lovely ride out to Kippen and back with Ginger and my wee one for a cracking al fresco pub lunch at the Cross Keys.

Meall Garbh, An Stuc, Ben Lawers from Meall Greigh by CaptainMainwaring1, on Flickr

stilltortoise
    Free Member

where it’s snow free the trails are almost summer speed and grip

This

Had an ace ride last night. Some of the back lanes near me have still got 8ft drifts at the side of the road, but up on the hills the wind had blown most of the snow away, leaving icy hard and fast trails. I’d rather have that than the more common boggy mess we’ve had.

DeeJay
    Free Member

A year ago

Guisborough Woods 29-3-12 by Dee P Jay, on Flickr

30 seconds after taking the picture he fell 😥 – had mountain rescue, ambulance and air ambulance out and he was air lifted to James Cook hospital where he spent the next 6 weeks – took him 6 months to get back to work but he is all right now – not been out with me for a bike ride though 😉

DeeJay
    Free Member

double post 😳

stevied
    Free Member

1 year ago I was sh*tting it as my wife (then on maternity leave in the sun)was very close to ‘due date’…

fast forward a year and I’m loving being a dad 🙂

phinbob

I was having my leaving drinks from work and packing up to move to California.

It’s rained today 🙂

binners

This was taken on my commute home on March 26th last year

Untitled by binlidski, on Flickr

I’d been doing the long off-road route home over the turbines because the weather had been so damn good, it would have been bad form not too. As it turned out, it was the best spell of riding all year 🙁

Trimix
    Free Member

OK, this thead is now depressing – please stop.

will
    Free Member

Love that photo Bedmaker.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Lasr good friday we cut the first turf at Southampton Bike Park. I was in t shirt all weekend and got sun burnt. On the monday it started to rain and only stopped briefly to snow for the entire time between then and now.

GrahamS

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Wow, this really is depressing. Who can we blame for this weather? It just seems so futile without being able to direct anger towards someone.

My father-in-law is getting the brunt of my anger as he once said he didn’t really like the hot weather and was more of a winter fan.

SATISFIED ROBERT?! SATISFIED?!

Andy_Sweet
    Free Member

Exe Canal reflections by theseaandthesky, on Flickr

Haldon Sunshine by theseaandthesky, on Flickr

Took both of these a year ago and remember both rides being glorious spring evenings….

Alex

For balance.. three years ago at Easter (which was later)

Elan Valley Epic – April 2010 by Alex Leigh, on Flickr

Elan Valley death march ride and…

Elan Valley Epic – April 2010 by Alex Leigh, on Flickr

And late Easter 2011

BlueSmell Ride by Alex Leigh, on Flickr

Ying and Yang. At least it’s not raining. I’ve just come back from the south of France which had proper sun and dry trails but I’ll still be out this weekend. Option is not riding and where’s the fun in that?

zelak999
    Free Member

I was Afan doing W2 getting a suntan!!

user-removed
    Free Member

Not bikey, but on the 24th March last year (four days out, I know) I was practicing my panning technique at 1/40th of a second with the massive 70-200mm lens. Had to kiss a few frogs to get this one 😀

chakaping
    Free Member

Ladybower this time last year…

Stu_N

IMG_1384 by Stu_N, on Flickr

Was a couple of days ago a year ago but I was laid up with a ruptured patellar tendon after a stupid slip on ice 8 weeks earlier. This was an excursion to Aberdour.

This year is, despite the weather, far better. Leg still isn’t 100% though.

ianv
    Free Member

88 by ianvincent, on Flickr

I was riding around the Verdon Gorge.

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘One year ago today..’ is closed to new replies.