Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • One word for my 29R bretheren……………………
  • ton

ARDENT

singlespeedstu

2.4?

ton

u nose it……………. 8)

daveells
    Free Member

Sh1te in the gloop.

singlespeedstu

Betterer than the stout?

TheSwede
    Free Member

When my nevs wear out they are going on.

sofaking
    Free Member

liked how my racing ralph 2.4 performed on the front today in mixed conditions

ton

not shite in todays gloop
    fast, lighter and has big as the stouts.
    very grippy on corners.

tazzymtb

far to heavy for my weight weenie ways over 600grams a tyre and i start to get twitchy.

I will be bringing a tyre mountain of 29ers to the SSEC due to my slight rubber fetish/tyre OCD for sale/barter/beer so if anyone wants wtb exiwolf 2.3's maxxis ignitors, bontys, kenda karmas and so on… offer me booze etc and have some rubber!

matt_outandabout

*high fives Ardent buddies*

(but in 26" x 2.25" flava)

daveells
    Free Member

No good round my way,used them at the Dyfi last year and they were good. Will use them again when it dries out though

TheSwede
    Free Member

tazzy
    ignotors folding or wire?

ton

sstu, stout for sale 8)

si-wilson
    Free Member

I keep reading that the Ardents need to be cranked over hard to grip when cornering, tis true?

I have a set fitted and ready to go, so i shall see for myself soon enough 🙂

tazzymtb

swede- folding 2.1 29er- couple of bottles of leffe and they're yours

TooTall
    Free Member

over 250lbs on the saddle and a bike should 'king well go where it is pointed.

ton

they were faultless tody, mud, roots, wet grass, ice cream run descent at rivi………..cracking tyre

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

OK – where did you get em? Just how big are they? Comparison to weirwolfs?

I also read on MTBR that they need to be leaned over to get grip……..

TheSwede
    Free Member

tazzy
    Done. Catch you at ssec. I'm marshaling so will turn a blind eye if you wana shoulder the bike and leg it across an acre or two.

tazzymtb

LOL deal then mate. See you in a few weeks 😀

ton

the bike chain
    big enough
    dont know
    i lean a lot so they are good.

bonesetter
    Free Member

They are not 2.4 – God knows why stated sizes are so far off. Mine measure 56mm across the knobs – same as a RR both no where near 2.4"

I'm running it rear and it rolls very well. No where near as grippy as the Stout for front mud usage. Stout is king up front for mud, but for drier (spring summer) conditions the Ardent is very good – more grippy and of course stronger side wall than a RR, but not as fast

Mud traction is just OK and the side knobs don't hook up too well in off camber stuff when wet. Overall better than Rampage

scaredypants

I've a 29 ardent 2.25 on my front wheel – scared the crap out of me on the last night ride

Fair enough, it was very wet & muddy and all the roots were shuper shlippy but seemed to lose the front quite a lot. Will try again when a bit drier. Is a rigid fork & I think that hurts grip on roots quite a lot.

martinh
    Free Member

Love my Ardents (2.25) but for the damp, slippery conditions that seem to have returned I'll stick to the Mountain Kings.

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

So they're not as big as weirwolf 2.55s? – which are 58mm (not including knobs) roughly, prob won't bother with them then. I really want a 3" front tyre 🙁

tazzymtb

what about the WTB kodiak? that's meant to be huuuuge even compared to weirwolf

tazzymtb

Width: Width of Casing @ approx 40psi: 58.2mm. Width Knob to Knob @ approx 40psi: 64.6mm. Casing Height:54.5mm

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Kodiak = 1400g = I don't think so!!!!! that's heavier and a lot smaller than my Endomorph 🙂

Do those sizes relate to the kodiak or ardent?

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘One word for my 29R bretheren……………………’ is closed to new replies.