Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • One van to rule them all!
  • matttromans
    Free Member

I came across this and thought it would appeal to some of the folk on here. Looks like an incredible bit of kit! Unfortunately my magic beans have’t worked again this year. Apologies if it’s already been done.

matttromans
    Free Member

Should have said – VW T5 conversion by Doubleback. Clever stuff.

sandwicheater

£55,000, crumbs.

trail_rat
    Free Member

never mind – once its parked up the other occupants who arrived by car as there are more beds than legal travel seats will at least provide a car to go out to the shops in and save packing it all away again.

ElShalimo

Not that clever really. When driving there’s no space as the back of the van is full of the slide out bit. So when you get to your campsite you pull out the back section to give more livimg space but your other kit is left at home.
    It looks pretty but answers a question nobody asked.

willard

Just mad. When it rains (because it will) where does the water that goes over the double back bit go? What happens when you park on something that’s not level?

weeksy

Wouldn’t you just buy a motorhome though ?

LoCo
    Free Member

Worried about it turning into a bike compactor if I wasn’t paying attention 😉

alpin
    Free Member

Would rather a lwb with pop top… Can carry five and sleep four in mine comfortably.. Could sleep five if the fifth was a sprog.

As said, all that van offers is more inside space. If you want inside space then go for a motor home.

Need to pop top mine first, mind. In fact there is a lot I still need to do…

Tracey

Its a lot of money for what it is. We have just ordered a motorhome for next year for a lot less

Junkyard
    Free Member

Cool but stupid
    Sleeping more than you can transport is a design flaw of gigantic proportions and is matched only by the astronomical price tag.

I am out

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

Just mad. When it rains (because it will) where does the water that goes over the double back bit go? What happens when you park on something that’s not level?

shit, you should probably call them and remind them about rain, because you can almost bet your bottom dollar they hadn’t thought of that… and the self leveling support legs? useless on un-level ground surely…

get a bench seat in the front and you can fill 3 of the 4 bed spaces legally. looks like there’s plenty of room in the back when the extension is back in the van too.

meh, it’s a camper van with a little trick up its sleeve. it’s probably far better engineered than you think, and clearly you pay your money for it…

chewkw
    Free Member

What if I have a walrus friend that intend to sleep in the extended part of the van? The two thin supports will collapse instantly. 😯

Spin
    Free Member

The guys name even ends in van. I’m in.

footflaps

I’d rather save £12k and get one of these:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1hAuemcqL8[/video]

pjm84
    Free Member

Didn’t tick any of my boxes so I ordered an Cali.

maccruiskeen

What if I have a walrus friend that intend to sleep in the extended part of the van?

Covered in the construction and use specifications

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘One van to rule them all!’ is closed to new replies.