Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • One to watch for you aircraft fans : Eric "Winkle" Brown on the iPlayer
  • onehundredthidiot

Saw it, a man that has my complete and utter respect.

JulianA
    Free Member

Think we saw this a while ago – excellent programme! Well worth rewatching, though, cheers.

ijs445ra
    Free Member

Book is very good as well

P20

On BBC Four at 2200 tonight 😀

D0NK

saw the arse end of it on tuesday, watched the rest of it in iplayer yesterday. Brilliant. What an amazing chap – whilst quite possibly also certifiably nuts.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

On a related note, this is a very good read

skellnonch
    Free Member

What an amazing life this guy had & balls the size of space hoppers, very much respect

T1000
    Free Member

landing the Mosquito on the carrier was mind blowing

biggest thing ever landed + twin engine + below stall speed???

there must have been enough material to make 2 1hr show’s

toppers3933
    Free Member

It was a brilliant programme and I totally agree that it could have been significantly longer. What an interesting fella. Some of the situations he found himself in were amazing.

nickc

Amazing period in Aviation history. Was talking to the old man (exRAF) and he has a USAF buddy who started flying in a Stearman trainer (biplane thing), and ended his career flying F4s in Vietnam via WW2 and Korea!

T1000
    Free Member

I liked the ambiguity ‘working for the diplomatic service’…….I’m sure they’d call it something else these day’s….clearly he’s been so much more than just an incredibly talented pilot….

Alex

Read a couple of books about him, but that programme was brilliant. The word legend is bandied about far too much, but Winkle Brown more than deserves it. That rocket plane…… inspiring stuff.

scuttler

Overshadowed by Yeager who like Winkle Brown and nickc’s old man’s friend was also born at that perfect time to live through air combat and test piloting in both the prop and jet age. Both amazing stories.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘One to watch for you aircraft fans : Eric "Winkle" Brown on the iPlayer’ is closed to new replies.