Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • One Shorts to rule them all.
  • nickc

Not Endura.

What are the best shorts for you at the minute?

cchris2lou

Scott.

jam-bo

Howies 3/4 bibs.

wallop

Troy Lee. Plain black Skyline.

happybiker
    Free Member

Sombrio Highline, so comfy but good luck finding them.

matt_outandabout

Sombrio. Ace.

alpineharry
    Free Member

Got a pair of those troylee copies from china for £20, they’re not bad so far, only worn them twice but holding up

mmannerr

Norrona Fjora, the original not the lightweight ones.

richwales

Royal sp247 are a good halfway house between dh and paper thin

singlespeedstu

Anything in flouro.

fd3chris
    Free Member

My three year old raceface ones just seem to go on and on and on and on………..

nickc

Norrona Fjora

blimey, at that price they should be!! clearly you think they’re worth it though, why’s that?

chakaping
    Free Member

Royal Turbulence.

Can’t stop wearing them, due to the nice fit and waterproof bum panel.

Starting to fall apart a bit, but they have been put through the wringer.

ton

endura zymes. tougher than any other shorts i have ever bought.

onlysteel
    Free Member

An old pair of Pearl Izumi baggies that refuse to die.

bigblackshed

+1 for Endura Zymes.

** I know you said no Endura, but they are bomb proof.

wrecker
    Free Member

Fox demo FR

devash
    Free Member

Madison Addict for summer.

nickc

I’ve had a couple of pairs of Endura, the singletracks stitching across the the top of the rear came apart after a year or so, and the MT500 are OK (ish) for Spring/Autumn, but too damned hot for anything over double figures, and not really waterproof enough now for winter…

Zymes would have to be pretty bloody special to tempt me back to Endura

ton

i have had singletracks, humvees and some others, all were shyte.
    zymes are a completely different kettle of fish. they are made from a tough stiff bombproof material that loosens up a bit as you wear them.
    they are not waterproof, but they dry in next to no time. plenty off pockets, knee length…just ace shorts really.

mrhoppy

Sombrio Highline, Crc had them in the sales a couple of weeks ag. Bought a load as they are hard to find.

SOAP
    Free Member

Mt500 splash short
    Waterproof arse with a summer feel

somafunk

I was looking at the Norrona shorts last week but they didn’t have my size to try on, How do the shorts size up?, I’m a 33″ waist so that seems to put me in no mans land between sizes.

Norrona fjora Flex1 shorts

nach
    Free Member

These Polaris ones for me. Not quite waterproof, but definitely delay the arse soaking and got me through this winter.

(and while you said no Endura, I like 3/4 Humvees for the DWR and big pockets on the backs of the thighs to shove winter gloves in).

nickc

Sombrio Highline, Crc had them in the sales a couple of weeks ag. Bought a load as they are hard to find.

they’re hard to find ’cause you’ve bought them all, git!! 😆

you didn’t buy medium did you?

vondally
    Free Member

Roach….I have two pairs and when they die I will heartbroken , at least 12 years old numerous offs/crashes and they are still going

Troy lee moto, unsure if they are copies I thnk not but came off today wrecked the endure mt 500s underneath, no marks on the motos…..me well another story

summer odlo shorts very light and very breathable

so not one

chris85
    Free Member

zymes are a completely different kettle of fish.

Zymes are shat!

nickc

Ah somafunk, you know your stuff, why those shorts, they’re very expensive, that good?

jsync

Singletrack for me, I have 3 3/4 and 1 normal. All are great and have survived offs without issue (unlike myself). I have some of the older MT500 spray 3/4 which are a bit meh as are the humvees. A mate has the newer MT500 ones which seem better.

Basil

Buy a pair of Liquid Surface shorts (£20 in XL only) then have them altered (£10 waist & an inch of the leg length).
    Fantastic,best shorts for me and better than the Rapha pair I have.

Northwind

I reckon it’s a pretty bad trait for shorts, if they bind them in the dark.

I am wearing, as I have been for years, Altura Mayhems (not waterproof) and Attacks (waterproof). The Mayhems are impervious to wear and harm, they last forever, it’s plain weird. Wish they had a zipper on the front pockets, otherwise perfect. And for the wet, the Attacks are fantastic.

tang
    Free Member

Kitsbow am shorts.

crispyrice

Fox Ranger

somafunk

I was actually looking at the lightweight version for summer use bimbles on my Tripster, the material reminded me of an old pair of under the weather 3/4’s I had years ago that were brilliant – the Norrona seemed like a really well thought out short that doesn’t scream biker

Trekster

Got some cheap Tenn shorts a few years ago, haven’t fallen appart like my Enduro ones 🙄

mrhoppy

they’re hard to find ’cause you’ve bought them all, git!!
    you didn’t buy medium did you?

There’s no fear of me troubling a medium.

mrhoppy

CRC still have Highline in for both fatties and skinnier.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Dakine, got some grey 8 tracks with the blue liner which are still my go to shorts. Must be about 8 years old but you wouldn’t know it to look at them. Got another pair that are a year newer which are a bit faded at the back but still loads of life in them. I might consider getting some shorts from Ground Effect when I next need some.

_tom_
    Free Member

DHB for me. Cheap, light, good size, comfy and dry quickly. And mine didnt rip when I had a nice 25mph crash on the road and slid for a good few metres.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘One Shorts to rule them all.’ is closed to new replies.