Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • One plus two phone.
  • bear-uk
    Free Member

My Nexus 4 is slowly dying and just just seen the above for £250.
    Should I. Shouldn’t I
    What do you recon?
    Steve.

sazter

Not used it so can’t comment on that but also look at Wileyfox, a UK version of One Plus

Stoner
    Free Member

We’ve been replacing our N4s with Jiayu S3 advanced for £110 each

chipster

I got my Oneplus 2 just before Xmas. It’s been OK, apart from every now and then, it gets a bit laggy, or the screen doesn’t respond to touch .
    The dual sim part that I wanted it for is great, though.

mrhoppy

Just got a oneplus x and it seems pretty good, feels solid, works like a phone, battery life is acceptable. Delivery was a bit slow but its not the end of the world. I’d have gone for the 2 but it was a bit big for my liking.

rogg
    Free Member

Yes, go for it.
    I bought a Oneplus One last year after doing loads of research into all the cheap Chinese brands, no real problems with it. Lots of reviews on YouTube if you want to learn more – look for Marquess Brownlee, Android Authority etc.

They’ve just dropped the price – is £250 the current price?

bear-uk
    Free Member

I notice there’s no wireless charging and wont be able to use Google pay but I can live with that.
    Slightly tempted by the Nexus 5X but a bit pricey for me.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

I looked at it but went with the Nexus 5X.
    Mostly just because it was a Nexus so good support on the software, no software overlays form the manufacturer and because the fingerprint scanner is fully supported.
    Didn’t want such a big screen either

Have had no complaints about it.

Freester

16gig Nexus 5x on Carphone Warehouse 250quid until 11th Feb…

bear-uk
    Free Member

Just looking on here and there all sorts of prices?

http://www.simplyelectronics.net/search_ss.php?q=lg+nexus+5x&asug=&currency=gbp

Freester

Google is not returning the best of reviews for Simply Electronics. I’d steer clear.

chrisdw
    Free Member

I looked at the OP2 but the few reports of glitchy software put me off and I decided to go with a more mainstream phone.
    I’m sure the hardware is brilliant, but it’s all about the software and its stability really isn’t it.
    I’ve got an LG G4 that I got from ebuyer that I’m happy with.

toby1

Had mine since October.

Positives:
    Screen is lovely.
    64 gig so no storage problems
    Essentially a mini tablet in your pocket.
    Dual Sim as mentioned above.
    Over all it’s a very good phone.
    Solidly built, it’s taken a couple of serious tumbles and survived.

Negatives:
    It can be laggy at times and need a reboot (part and parcel of getting a cheaper option in my opinion).
    It chews through battery and lasts me a day at most, as in overnight charging is required.
    It lacks NFC that the One plus one had.
    It seems like the screen is marked easier than the opo too, scratches and even an impact mark in mine from somewhere.

Overall though for the price I think you get a great tool, it’s less of a phone and more of a device, use mine for all sorts and would buy another from the brand.

retro83
    Free Member

Negatives:
    It can be laggy at times and need a reboot (part and parcel of getting a cheaper option in my opinion).
    It chews through battery and lasts me a day at most, as in overnight charging is required.
    It lacks NFC that the One plus one had.
    It seems like the screen is marked easier than the opo too, scratches and even an impact mark in mine from somewhere.

That is disappointing, I have a One (running Cyanogen’s original firmware), there is no detectable lag, and I have had 3 days battery life out of it.

I guess the lag and poor battery life is largely down to OxygenOS since the hardware spec looks okay.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘One plus two phone.’ is closed to new replies.