Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • One Planet Adventure courses – anyone done one?
  • grumm
    Free Member

Especially thinking of the jumps/drops one. Anyone got any experience of them – worthwhile? I am happy with smaller tabletops/drop-offs but would like to be able to happily hit bigger stuff, doubles etc

jedi

i would say go for it!
    having met bob cambell i would say you're in great hands

grumm
    Free Member

Cool thanks – anyone else got any experience?

steve_b77
    Free Member

I did the core skills one a couple of years ago, Bob is a great guy as is Jim, they for a great act/teaching base.

If you do the jumps n' drops do post how it goes as I fancy doing it.

Bregante

a mate did the jumps and drops and said it depends where your riding is at the minute. He was already nailing 2 to 3 ft drops and wanted to gain the confidence to go bigger. That didn't happen. On the day, it was more about technique which is, of course the most important thing but they had to cater for a mixed class and the biggest drop they took on was only a couple of feet. He was also hoping to find some "secret" Llandegla stuff but I think they just sectioned off part of the trail for a couple of hours.

grumm
    Free Member

Hmm, thanks for that. Already fairly happy with 2-3 ft drops usually.

jedi

so ,if you;re comft on 2-3ft drops .what are you looking for?

grumm
    Free Member

Well I'm more interested in technique for jumping as opposed to drops. I think I know the technique for drops, it's just a question of developing more balls.

Really want to be able to hit reasonable sized doubles – sounds like this course might not help me do that.

jedi

where do you live?
    do you do small doubles/tabletops?

grumm
    Free Member

Oop north (Lancaster). Only really started trying to jump properly recently – can usually land on the downslope on smaller tabletops and have managed some really small doubles.

jedi

the technique for drops is very simular.
    the big mistake riders make when jumping is looking down through the bars to land which over rotates you.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘One Planet Adventure courses – anyone done one?’ is closed to new replies.