Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 181 total)
  • One Picture From Your Favourite Ride Of This Year.
  • singlespeedstu

maxtorque – Member

You know, people on this Forum can get a bit of stick for spending their time posting on threads rather than riding their bike, but this thread shows just how much riding, and a lot of it pretty damm good riding, is actually going on!

Despite all the bitchin that sometimes goes on here i new deep down inside that would be the case when i started this thread. 😀

Keep up the good work next year people.

sturider

CIMG0014 by Riders Cycle Centre, on Flickr

Heading up and over Nan Beild Pass. Our “Cycling on Ice” ride out.

https://vimeo.com/35949459

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Didcot cyclocross race. Was told it was a characterless course, so with the rain had expectations of a rubbish race.

Course was great fun and the conditions made it even more enjoyable albeit bloody hard work. Also had a good result finishing 5th.

jj55

Rough Ride! Kington
    The last time I rode and raised dust!!!! 🙁

clarkpm4242
    Free Member

A solo on the day before mid summer. Lovely weather in England’s Last Great Wilderness.

Dufton, High Cup Nick, Cow Green, Garrigill, Cross Fell and *the* Blencarn descent 🙂

HCN_20062012_small by clarkpm4242, on Flickr

ptalbot

Last day of another brilliant week with Trail Addiction based in Les Arcs, well deserved lunch time rest on the Meribel ridge line. Quite simply Epic.

Trail Addiction Sept 2012 by pvt0206, on Flickr

fisgard
    Free Member

Torridon, start of the awesome Coire Lair section

neilc1881
    Free Member

On my own up on the Beacons for my little evening loop.

IMAG0990 by neil.d.cox, on Flickr

sas
    Free Member

I didn’t really get out on my bike much this year, but after seeing a STW thread about the Birmingham and Worcester canal I thought I’d head out (I was cycling on my own, those are completely random people in the photo).

Day 1637: Tardebigge Locks by Manic Street Preacher, on Flickr

timnwild

Snowdon – up in 2 hours, down in 40 mins, scary but brilliant. After a great day before at Coed Y Brenin. Good people, good riding.

Pic

bikebouy
    Free Member

A warm wet weekend in my local forests culminating in a soggy trail home. It’d been a while since being on MrShmancy made up for long days stuck in the office. Clear fresh air, warm wet winds, damp forest smells.
    Beautiful.

[/url] image by artaylor910, on Flickr[/img]

Andy_Sweet
    Free Member

Byway by theseaandthesky, on Flickr

Devon byways in the sunshine…

amodicumofgnar

When Cairngorms felt like the Arctic and summer turned up at the start of May. Loch Einich, an out and back that’s just brilliant.

on Flickr

plecostomus
    Free Member

Alpi bike resort – sauze d’oulx a week of leisure after val d’isere World Cup on a borrowed bike.

motorman
    Free Member

Faraid head, NW Highlands

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Torridon, beginning of the descent to Annat 🙂 (Pic not mine, taken by Gav – cheers Gav!)

Fanylion Torridon 2012_110 by GavinBelton, on Flickr

digiphotoneil
    Free Member
    mr_mills
    Free Member

Th’Alps

JamesD
    Free Member

Snowy riding back in Feb… just plain ace fun 🙂

Sun & snow by James Dymond, on Flickr

nigelsnape
    Free Member

This day will stay in my bike memory log for a long time .
    The first time we ever descended from the calf in North Yorkshire .

tmb467
    Free Member

The holiday that got me back into biking after two or three years off. Four days in Chamonix / Morzine with great mates. A life-changing time 🙂

matt_outandabout

One? hmmmm
    My riding – March, hottest day of the year up here(!), solo round Balqhuidder, Glen Buckie and Glen Finglas

Where did the singletrack go? by matt_outandabout, on Flickr
    With family – this ride ‘clicked’ with the kids that riding is just flipping good fun – we did a couple of loops, even the smallest one..

Callender Estates ride by matt_outandabout, on Flickr

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Didn’t get nearly enough bike time in this year due to niggling back problems. However, still managed Lake Geneva to Antibes in July. This is the high point of the route – 2800m, at the Col de Bonette. From this point, there is a 56km downhill…

Cime de la Bonette by stuartie_c, on Flickr

Mackem

can someone techy take these photos and make them into a screensaver (assuming no-one objects)

r1chtea
    Free Member

Great thread. Loving looking at all these photos and loved looking back through all mine to pick one! It’s a toughy but this photo my good lady took is one of my favourites. it was on a sunny and crystal clear two day cycle round the Fife Coastal Path. The weather was great and everything just went perfect. Loads of fun.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

16th November 2012 by Rob Sutherland, on Flickr

I only really started riding again in mid Autumn – couple of wee rides over the summer, but not really much until October. This was my favorite so far though, the south loop of Whinlatter is a bit silly, I was riding on flats for the first time (and taking it way faster than I should!) on a sneaky late afternoon whilst I should be at work ride 😉

Hoping for a LOT more in the New Year.

althepal

Ibiza in February, a great ride.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

The Dales in May.. We all stayed at Stu’s, and had an amazing weekend.

sam_commencal
    Free Member

A few mates, a road trip and the Matterhorn.

2bit

Had some great rides in various places thanks to my extended honeymoon/career break/jolly earlier in the year but this photo of me going up in the Skyline gondola for the 1st time in Queenstown, NZ pretty much captures all of the excitment/anticipation/nerves of a new n gnarly trail.

Puts the grin right back on my face

Bike grin – Queenstown, NZ by Mama Bovril, on Flickr

marsdenman
    Free Member

STW ‘playing nice with cameras’ day.
    I’m in my preferred spot – behind the camera

[/url]
    STW_Photog_Fun_040 by chris1968, on Flickr[/img]

P20

Throwing shapes by ritcheyp20, on Flickr

A fantastic ride around the Kinder circuit including Jacobs Ladder. A red hot day, great tracks, loved it. It was part of a road trip starting in Gisburn with a skills course for wor lass with Greatrock. That transformed Tashas riding, much more confident and flying. Then onto the Peaks, before finishing in the Quantocks. Bin Combe, simply stunning bit of singletrack. Overall a brilliant holiday

ahsat

Stop Crashing with Ed Oxley

As p20 said, we had a great year, with a particularly awesome September NW-Peak-Quantock road trip, plus rides in Aviemore in March, earlier Quantock trip in May, Cross Fell, Loughrigg amble, Borrowdale Bash, Glentress & Inners, Yorkshire Dales, Cheviots, Thrunton and due to the weather, numerous trips to the weatherproof Hamsterley. However, in that I have done Stop Crashing 1 and 2 with Ed this year, and it has totally changed my riding, and I am so grateful. I want to keep going on the courses to not forget anything.

Sadoldsamurai

It’s not a singe ride, because I do it so often
    this is the view from the circuit..
    that starts at my back door 🙂

Sadoldsamurai

Not a single ride,
    this is one of the views..on my local XC circuit. 😀

bigjim

A lot of good rides but Magic Carpet with bikevillage is going to make it’s second appearance in this thread, this time with me on it

coogan
    Free Member

The Alps with The Whiteroom in June. Joy of joys.

mcboo
    Free Member

Day 6 of 8 on Transpyr and the bladder infection is flaring up….810km, 20,000m of up, 40c first day then riding perfection punctuated by monsoons. I’ve just carried the bike for a mile uphill through a mudfest and I’m feeling a bit sorry for myself. Best week of my life.

DeeJay
    Free Member

As many of you will have picked up from the forum Ton has not been well so it was great to get out for a ride with the big fella – 😀

Reeth 14-7-12 by Dee P Jay, on Flickr

duir
    Free Member

Descending to Dubh Loch above Loch Muick in spring.

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 181 total)

The topic ‘One Picture From Your Favourite Ride Of This Year.’ is closed to new replies.