Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 181 total)
  • One Picture From Your Favourite Ride Of This Year.
  • singlespeedstu

For me this picture just about sums up the most enjoyable ride i did last year.

Just me and Mrs ssstu out on our own.
    Only saw one other bike. A new route to us and it was a glourious sunny but cold day in february.

Show us what you’ve got. 😀

2012_0225Welshwales0027 by singlespeedstu, on Flickr

http://connect.garmin.com/course/687828

Northwind

Photo by Stevo McDonald by Northwindlowlander, on Flickr

Could have been any day of that week tbh but this was the ride that’ll stick in my head the most I think, even though it wasn’t the ride with the best riding. Somewhere in France, with White Room

yunki
    Free Member

Olympic antidote bridleway bimble.. A cool early August evening, perfect weather, Dartmoor, on my own..
    It was my first ride in a couple of months, first time on a new (to me) bike, and first time on a Cotic Soul..

I flew everywhere like I was on a magic carpet and the sunset on the way home later that evening was more than spectacular..

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    _tom_
    Free Member

singlespeedstu

this was the ride that’ll stick in my head the most I think, even though it wasn’t the ride with the best riding.

Sometimes it’s the company or surrounds that do it for me too.

Come on tom.
    Tell us what was special about that ride. 🙂

soma_rich
    Free Member

doubledunter
    Free Member

Not the best ride Ive been on but one that sticks out the most.solo Sligachan Hotel to Camasuary bothy

skye by Doubledunter, on Flickr

Mackem

The last proper mtb ride I did in the summer before I got ill, which kept me off bike for 12 weeks. Pic doesnt do it justice really, it’s actually up a pretty big mountain. (Anboto)

singlespeedstu

legend
    Free Member

ahem, quick edit, finally Les Arcs in the sun!

P1000902 by mark_p2511, on Flickr

jameso

The pic doesn’t do the setting justice but it was one of the most memorable rides ever. Drifty, fine white powder dirt in beautiful evening light around 2000m in the French Alps. Toward the end of a long day, about half-way through a fantastic 12-day bikepacking ride that made my year.

singlespeedstu

legend.

One picture please. 😉

bullroar
    Free Member

End of two week family holiday in Scotland including Glentress, Fort William, Laggan and lots of playing round Aviemore. The last day I got the antidote to trail centres, a 60km solo ride round the Cairngorm from Glenmore Lodge to Glen Feshie. Saw no other bikes and only a handful of walkers, terrific day.

The view is from the high point of the Lairig an Laoigh looking into Glen Derry

sc-xc

I am ashamed to say I only did one MTB ride this year….

Next year (Rodney) it will be very different.

GavinB

Four Passes route with my mate Barry in April. Just such an ace day.

cakerider

Not the most exciting photo but memories of a great week of riding in Spain, roll on April 2013

maxtorque

Halfway up what was turning into a bit of a slog, up to the top of the Long Mynd, the clouds suddenly cleared, and the sun shone out. It was the perfect excuse to stop, chuck the bikes down and tuck into some confectionery!!

ojom
    Free Member

March mini Summer up nr Aviemore.

MadPierre

Tricky to pick a favourite ride but I think this is my favorite shot of me this year. Taken by our uplift driver and guide (Ash from Sierra Cycling) out of the mini-bus window using my camera!

Me chasing Scandinavian downhillers on the Benelmadena DH course at Easter.

wolly
    Free Member

Muddy muddy night ride

AndrewJ
    Free Member

No so much a ride but an event, the Dusky Valley 12 in September. Great course, great organisation, great company and we won too!

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Tough one.
    Can I have pictures of my favourite rider this year? My eldest thoroughly enjoyed the tag-along on North Uist:

DSC_0970 by ir_bandito, on Flickr

It gave the encouragment to have a go himself:

DSC_0620 by ir_bandito, on Flickr

Only surpassed in happiness by the safe arrival of my youngest son, 4 months old tomorrow 🙂

cynic-al
    Free Member

Glen Tilt with the original moonters, leffeboy and mcmoonter.

DSCF6034 by alan cole, on Flickr

richpips
    Free Member

4 Days spent doing a double coast to coast with my boy.

slugwash
    Free Member

My favourite ride of 2012 was the eight day long one I did around Brittany…….

ojom
    Free Member

Al – you should show me that trail. Looks good.

Fancy a sunday in April?

stevemakin
    Free Member

Image by Steve J Makin, on Flickr][/url]

Borders, April 2012

DezB
    Free Member

Was about to post exactly the same photo as Soma_Rich 😀
    so here’s another one from that Afan trip (when WCA had two good legs)

Bez

Crossing the bridge at dusk on the final few kilometres of our Paris-Brest ride.

crewlie

One of many this year. But to be alone on Mam Tor was pretty special.

Jan 27th. Mam Tor by crewlie, on Flickr

ska-49
    Free Member

I’ve ridden a fair few places this year but Swinley was great.
    It’s on my doorstep but I never bothered going. Glad I did!
    I’ll be ridding there more often now. Great fun.

lunge

Cricket and bikes. It does not get any better

Bugger, Instragram link not working on my mobile.

Dave
    Free Member

Alta Badia, Dolomites.

Sun, mountains, singletrack. Discovered a load of potential for next visit.

bitemebryn
    Free Member

bigdaddy

BM3D_Day02 – 150 by Bigdaddy 1974, on Flickr][/url]

For me it was the Black Mountains 3 day ride in July, in the mud. Hard to choose a fave photo, but this conveys the fun, the mud and the challenge – a great 3 days, loved it…

grab the bbcode next time 😉

Burchy1
    Free Member

Probably this one, La Thuile in Italy, partly for the riding, partly for the amazing lunchtime pizza and partly for the ice cream afterwards.

044 by Shinythings2, on Flickr

colournoise

Not the most fun, most scenic, or fastest ride of my year. Possibly the most important and influential though.

takisawa2

19th June, just before my birthday. First ride of the summer on Smallblocks. Seemed to ride for hours & it just didnt want to get dark.

IMG00023-20120619-1957 by pten2106, on Flickr

sambob
    Free Member

Single best day of riding in my entire life. First day of the Tour Du Mont Blanc, just over the Col du Ferret, with the Lac d’Emosson in the background. Weather was incredible that day, there was very little wind and bluebird skies. With some of my closest riding mates, and the best descent I’ve ever ridden.

velomanic
    Free Member

On holiday in Las Vegas, hired a bike and went for a guided ride in Red Rock Canyon…

(I used these guys and they were really good – recommended)

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 181 total)

The topic ‘One Picture From Your Favourite Ride Of This Year.’ is closed to new replies.