Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • One Photo A Day 2010 – How are you getting on?
  • daveagiles
    Free Member

Just interested to find out how people are finding it?!

Its been ok for me, having plenty of time because of being off uni still has been a great help, not sure how things are going to go when I head back though!

Here is my set so far

[Edit] – Wrong forum 🙁

simonralli2
    Free Member

Well so far so good but I think my pics need a few more people other than me in them. Tonight we are tasting our home-brewed cider that was made a few months back so could be an interesting few pics there. 😀

http://www.flickr.com/photos/simonralli/sets/72157623112561096/

I think this is my best pic so far of our Snow Buddha

.duncan
    Free Member

my set : http://www.flickr.com/photos/duncanp/sets/72157623138219182/

its been alright so far i guess.

jimbobrighton
    Free Member

not too bad….

1/1/10

I have had some days where I coulnd't be arsed and copped out a little bit with camera photos, but they still seem to work and will be fine in the end when I get my 365 collage together.

Today was a good day 🙂

jimbobrighton
    Free Member

Duncan

Been to the hemel snow centre I see!

Do you like it?

.duncan
    Free Member

trhat was actually my first time.. i only live a 10 minute drive from it.. its alright.. been having more fun photographing urban skiing as you can probably see from my stream 🙂
    Getting the cyclesurgery is best though hehe, been trying to get a job there for ages but they never get back to me despite always saying to drop a CV in which i do!

jimbobrighton
    Free Member

duncan -I work for CycleSurgery – drop me a line – email in profile. I'll make sure your CV gets to the HR people.

.duncan
    Free Member

brilliant, i'll send you one through 😀

zangolin
    Free Member

Mine so far – seems to be a bit of a snow theme running through most of my pics.
    One Photo A Day 2010

simonralli2
    Free Member

Picsa?? – you're not even in our group!

daveagiles
    Free Member

Simon- Sounds like a laugh, my photos so far have not have not had me in there, maybe sometime soon…

Duncan- Looks like yours is going well, love the colour, something mine is lacking a bit of! Hope to change that tomo….

Jim- You deff dont have problems with taking photos of yourself!

daveagiles
    Free Member

love it zanglion, need to get on the flicr group!

rOcKeTdOg

Simon, your Budda looks a bit thin, more pies needed!

nine days in http://www.flickr.com/photos/rocketdog/sets/72157622996166943/

will
    Free Member

Great photos guys. Dave love your shots, interesting.

Duncan – They are cool. Love the last one

James – Again, some nice shots there.

Here is mine, to make it worse/better i'm only using the Canon 50mm f1.8. Just to force me to be more creative…
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/2010in50mm

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Mine are here.

Ran dangerously low on ideas yesterday and had to resort to taking photos of my toenail, but actually went out to day and took some photos, even if the light was a bit flat.

Enjoying it so far.

[EDIT – link fixed!]

simonralli2
    Free Member

Rocketdog – yeah – we are tasting our home brew cider tonight so maybe we'll pass one to buddha. There's probably a joke in there somewhere waiting to come out but I can't think of it right now.

Edit – and there was me thinking you had been inspired by my toenail shot!

grahamh
    Free Member

Mine so far.

Photo a day

DrT
    Free Member

There have been some fabulous photos posted. Puts my snapshots to shame. Hopefully doing this will make me learn something about photography this year as well as learning a bit about myself.

Mine so far are here. No bike pics yet Im afraid.

slugwash
    Free Member

Just in the process of uploading today's shots, Flickr seems a bit slow this evening. Rest of mine here….

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8308384@N06/sets/72157622593388547/

polarisandy
    Free Member

simon, any idea how many stw's there are?
    looks like quite a few general flickr users have joined which is great for the group.

.duncan
    Free Member

mine for today, pretty pleased with it:

9/365

Karinofnine

I've just uploaded some. I'm not a photographer at all but I thought this might be fun – and it is. My only problem is that on my four working days per week I really don't have much spare time so I will probably miss one or two days a week, each week. Never mind, can't be helped.

.duncan
    Free Member

i worked today.. just got to be inventive. which is one of the nice things about 365, it challenges you.

rOcKeTdOg

excellent shot Duncan

sharki
    Free Member

I started off with good intentions but right now CBA as anything good gets put up on FB as first point of call and i forget about flickr.

pixelmix
    Free Member

Struggling to get shots in on work days since it is dark and cold both before and after work. There are only so many items I can take snaps off around the flat at 10pm! Really encouraging me to get the camera out though. Could be a bumper year for photos!

This is my latest shot:

And my set so far is here.

andyl46
    Free Member

I'm happy with my lot so far, a distinct lack of bicycle inclusion though. Must sort that out soon! Its been a huge help in making me take the camera with me!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/andy_lyle_photography/sets/72157622988456069/

Kato

Had a couple of days where I didn't manage to take a pic until about 2355. Don't want to miss a day!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jhitchcock/sets/72157623117249872/

shoei
    Free Member

Here is mine so far.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/shoei/sets/72157623113006796/

Helps having the GF1 so i can carry it around all the time.

rOcKeTdOg
    .duncan
    Free Member

yea.. i was contemplating posting it here 😛

maybe a st mag reading photo thread? 😉

crewlie

Really good stuff on here. How difficult does this get a few months in?

rOcKeTdOg

gets easier when lighter nights get here

bruk

Then gets difficult again when the nights draw in again and you have exhausted things to shoot in the house at 5 to midnight!

At least the snow makes stuff look pretty and helps with the light at the moment!

vanilla83
    Free Member

Mine: click

Having the same problems as others: having time to get out and take good photos.

simonlovesrocks
    Free Member

Im getting on ok not uploaded any yet but as you say hard to find the time to take good photos.

Im also attempting a ride a day for a year seems to be going ok so far, hence why most of the photos are my bike leaning against a tree.

mr_whacky
    Free Member

Mine are here

im looking forward to getting out more with the camera – hope i can do it everyday! – quite a challenge i think!

im quite jealous of all the snow photos… Kinda warm here down under!

simonralli2
    Free Member

Cewlie

If you are really dedicated to the challenge then I think for me it gets hard around half way through and then especially in the third quarter. The reason is you end up with a continual dread of forgetting to tke a photo a day.

Maybe some find it hard to take a quality picture a day, but for me the challenge would be to just get a snap as i would be gutted to miss a day and have to start again the following year having taken so many photos!

The upside is that no matter how "bad" the photos are, it is amazing to see the flow of your life in a single set of pics, and as JohnClimber has done, create a whole photo book out of them.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Still going – had an uninspired day today, but I figure a day off is needed from charging about the place in the snow 😉

January so far

pid
    Free Member

Mine are here. Hoping to get the first ride of the decade (!) in later and take a gratuitous 'bike in slush' pic.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘One Photo A Day 2010 – How are you getting on?’ is closed to new replies.