Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • One-One Ti 456……..can barely contain my excitement !!
  • b-a-c-o-n
    Free Member

Managed to get my grubby mitts on an original Lynskey 456 Ti….. V excited about getting it today and building it up. Fox 36s, Crossmas Sx’s, New XT stoppers…..hopefully will be a sweet ride.

Anyone have any pics of theirs?

Big-Pete
    Free Member

20″ with Pikes

taxi25
    Free Member

loved mine when I got it 😀 I’m sure you’ll love yours.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Just rebuilt my steel one last night as a winter singlespeed, it’s going to be ace once I figure out WTF is going on with the headset/forks/front tyre, something is giving it issues!

mcboo
    Free Member

Mine still going strong, will try and dig out some pics. Had it since birth, groupset starting to get a bit worn out and slack. Sorely tempted to splash out on a complete XTR group from Merlin (£1050, or sensible head XT for £500) and give it a new lease of life.

Rode it hard for the first time in 6 months at the weekend, brilliant fun, you wont regret. Has the flame graphics too……

AndyRT
    Free Member

got float 32 rlcs on mine, just single sped it for the mucky stuff. My perfect winter bike

ScottChegg
    Free Member

an original Lynskey 456 Ti.

Good luck.

whippersnapper
    Free Member

another 20″er

enjoy, you will 🙂

binners

Hora hated his. And frankly, there is no higher recommendation than that! 😉

heihei

Just got back from the first ride on mine in a while and forgotten how awesome this bike is!!! Loving it!

CheesybeanZ

mrsbeanZ 14″

billyboy
    Free Member

It will break soon on the top tube near the head tube. Send it back, get your money back now before it is too late.

I had a lot of fun on mine but ultimately decided I couldn’t mould it to me, always felt nervous going downhill no matter how I set it up. It may well be that I went for an 18″ (as per the advice I got from Brant and On One) at 5′ 11″ when I should have gone for a 16″….too late now. I tried so many stem bar fork etc combos but she pissed me off…………. then she broke. BB was too high for me and the seat angle buggered my knees unless the saddle was way foreward aswell. WMB got it wrong…it never was the perfect 10….struggling to get 8 really.

A lot of Lynskey frames are braking folks……steer clear.

br
    Free Member

The only bike you’ll need, but tbh I found that 36’s (old talas 150mm) ‘unbalanced’ it.

Picto
    Free Member

Superb frame. Good for most types of riding. If only I did not try that 29er thing. Not the best pic but…

[/url] IMAG0051 by shaun244, on Flickr[/img]

hora
    Free Member

I’d have been better off on a 16″ instead of the 18″. Loved the 16″ steel 456 that I had even if I am 6ft1.

zbonty

Still loving mine. Must be nearly four years old by now. I got the shot blasted matt finish with the flames on the down tube. Built up with 1st generation Thors and xtr group.
    My only bike so gets plenty of use.

nickf
    Free Member

Mine gets beaten around by a clumsy 15st oaf, and hasn’t broken. At some point it might, but it’s been such a blast I’d forgive it if it expired tomorrow.

sparkerfix

Can’t see me parting with mine any day soon! Love it for UK stuff.

passtherizla
    Free Member

Finished my steel one last night… running 1×9 for teh winter.

Chuffed to bits.

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

Hi I bought a 16″ original lynskey 456 from the classifieds here after selling my steel version. I missed the steel 456 a lot more than i expected. The Ti version is fantastic to ride i really love it. Love the looks of it too.

mcboo
    Free Member

20″ with 140mm Talas (at 120mm). Love this bike, going to show it some TLC, new groupset coming in the spring, maybe dropper post too.

chakaping
    Free Member

northcountryboy – lucky that tree didn’t hit your bike when it fell!

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

Love that old tree always reminds of an olive tree!

Yeah I would like to change the wheel rims to something lighter possibly stans arch or crest. Go tubeless and take a bit of weight off it. Not that its heavy just feel the old mavic rims are a bit of overkill.
    Mines fitted with 130mm fox float fork I think anything longer would slacken it out a bit too much.

scottalej
    Free Member

Mines fitted with 130mm fox float fork I think anything longer would slacken it out a bit too much.

Agreed, I run a Revelation U-Turn at about 130-135mm. I have one of the last ones with the seat stay brace. I’m 5′ 11″ and the 18″ is perfect with a 70mm stem and the seat well forward on the rails. 200+ lbs kitted up and haven’t broken it yet.

mcboo
    Free Member

Brant (and everyone ese I can see) always says they are designed for a short stem. I’ve been riding a XC race bike all summer, when I got back on this it did feel a bit upright and cramped despite the 20″ size, think the top tube is shorter. I stuck a 110mm stem on it, really felt a lot more stable, but then again I’m not chucking it off drops and jumps.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

I found mine unreasonably short. It was like sitting on the bog with your hands on your knees. Stick a longer stem on it and it handles like a goat.

Good job mine snapped, the geometry was all kinds of wrong for me.

b-a-c-o-n
    Free Member

Finally got it and built up, love it, absolutely love it ! Have the new XT stoppers on there and they are unreal. On par with the 2010 Saints I have on my FS.

Fox 36’s, Crossmax SX, XTR / XO and comes in at a smidge under 27lbs.

LimboJimbo

IMG_0124 by Required Listening, on Flickr

Before being stolen, stripped and found in a ditch….

IMG_0180 by Required Listening, on Flickr

….now built up as a slightly dented single speed (it now has grips and a shorter stem)!

nick1962
    Free Member

Maybe a dumb question or I just need new glasses but what are the benefits of the slight curve in the top tube? My steel 456 doesn’t appear to have one and the current ones on the On One site don’t seem to be curved either.

b-a-c-o-n
    Free Member

^^ simply somewhere to rest your nuts !

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

hi nick1962, the early frames with the curved top tube were made by lynskey in USA I seem to remember the curved top tube was suposed to add a little compliance to the frame without making it too flexable. The newer straight tube frames are made by Nan Nicholas in Holland

http://www.lynskeyperformance.com/

http://vannicholas.com/

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘One-One Ti 456……..can barely contain my excitement !!’ is closed to new replies.