Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • One One Inbred 29er Limited Edition SS?
  • adsh
    Free Member

Toying with the idea of one of these instead of my Cotic Simple SS which I was just about to re build up tomorrow.

Winter use for off road training with no excuses re destroying drive trains etc.

What’s rear tyre clearance like?

Geo on website is for 18″ and 20″, in typical On One fashion actual frames are 18″ and 19.5″. ETT for the 18 seems to be 620 which would be fine, lots of seatpost but I like that for comfort anyhow.

Also just how heavy are they?

johnnystorm

I sold my singular swift and built up one of these. It rode just as nicely and there was no appreciable difference in weight.

cp

Also just how heavy are they?

heavy, best part of 6lb for the 19.5″

ETT for the 18 seems to be 620 which would be fine, lots of seatpost but I like that for comfort anyhow.

The On-One site geometry uses completely the wrong table. Use the one on PX, which is correct:-

http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/FROOSSLTD29/on-one-inbred-29er-single-speed-mountain-bike-frame-ltd-edition

(The on one site uses the wrong column headings, from L-R it should be 16, 18, 19.5, 21 – so it’s the 19.5 which has the 619 ETT)

Plenty of clearance for mud etc….

Toying with the idea of one of these instead of my Cotic Simple SS

Is your simple a 29er? If so, why on earth are you considering the Inbred?! The Simple is a much nicer frame. If you can find a Scandal 29er either V1 or V2, they ride lovely 🙂

richardthird

3 between me & my mates. We love em 😀

Don’t feel heavy even gurning up silly stuff with the cheapo Merlin Flow/Deore wheelset. Rear, 2.3″, I run Purg/GC all year, perfect.

6′ (just), 32″ inside leg, 18″ w/60mm stem.

adsh
    Free Member

Double post

adsh
    Free Member

Is your simple a 29er? If so, why on earth are you considering the Inbred?! The Simple is a much nicer frame.

It’s a 26

I think I’m going to stick with it as I’ve just remembered the reason for keeping it was the giant stack of 26″ tyres I’ve accumulated.

djflexure

I had one – I’m 6ft and it was 18″ – fit was good built us rigid s/s.
    Quite liked it. Not the lightest as others have said but not a major factor.
    My only niggle was the sliding dropouts – bit of a pain if you puncture, esp in the cold and mud. Not a deal breaker though.

Yak

I’m 5’8″ with a 31″ inside leg and also on an 18″ with a 90mm stem and a bit of layback on the seatpost. Great winter ss. Works well with a rigid exotic fork. Rear tyre clearance is good. Lots of room with 2.25s. Weight – no idea. Not that light though, but as a SS it will be light enough.

Duffer
    Free Member

I’ve got a 19.5″, which fits me fine (6ft ish). In terms of mud clearance, it’s right on the limit with a 2.25″ Smorg on a 35mm Velocity rim.

As for weight, I’ve no idea. It doesn’t feel like much, but then it doesn’t have gears or suspension.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘One One Inbred 29er Limited Edition SS?’ is closed to new replies.