• This topic has 13 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by cozz.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • One One Fatty Trail
  • domderbyshire
    Free Member

This bike seems good VFM. What are people’s thoughts about it? I’m fat bike curious and am particularly interested in building my own bike up, maybe using the On One frame and wheels. Having said that, at that price… I wish the frame had internal routing, but for the price it looks nice. If I didn’t want the Bluto, could I keep things simple with a carbon fork?

Thanks for any input.

akira

Have you looked at the Hesperus? Internal routing and comes with carbon fork, would be pricier than the fatty trail but £600 for frame and fork pretty good.

domderbyshire
    Free Member

Hadn’t thought of that one. Thanks!

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Been Fat Biking since 2010, if I wanted a 4″ wide tyre’d Fat Bike and I was starting now with all that I have learnt and I had £1500 burning a hole in my pocket then the On One Fatty Trail with the Bluto’s would be what I’d buy for sure.

If later on you want a nicer say custom titanium frame then have it built around the Trail Fatty as it would make a great donor bike.

If you wanted even more floatation with 5″ tyres then you need to look either custom or the Moonlander

STATO
    Free Member

The Trail and the Huspusus are vastly different geometries, not comparable really (other than ‘have fat tyres’).

flashes
    Free Member

as with anything, try, try, try………..

domderbyshire
    Free Member

Pretty steep head angle on the Hesperus.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

If you wanted even more floatation with 5″ tyres then you need to look either custom or the Moonlander

This is my only reservation in swapping from a normal fatty, do I want to try something bigger or is 4″ already beyond optimum on the curve and maybe I should try a 27.5+?

There’s a fair few mainstream ‘trail’ frames that’ll take 5″ tyres now, not just the moonlander.

With upto a 33″ wheel that weigh’s well over 3kg, you won’t ever describe a fat bike as twitchy.

STATO
    Free Member

With upto a 33″ wheel that weigh’s well over 3kg, you won’t ever describe a fat bike as twitchy.[/quote]

No but its also much much shorter reach. My mukluk shared that geo, fantastic for big day rides and using the float to its fullest, not so much fun for tech, you’ll be over the bars as soon as you try and go down anything steep, ask me how i know.

Its an XC race bike vs an ‘enduro’ bike, both entirely capable of doing what the other was designed for but its a lot more fun on the right bike for what you want to do.

akira

Fatty trail with carbon fork instead of bluto would have a steeper head angle as its designed around a 120mm bluto.

johnnystorm

The cube nutrail looks like a good rival to the Fatty Trail for not dissimilar money, it comes with 4.5″ tyres, and says it has room for 5″. It also have internal routing and readiness for side swing mechs.

Unless you were going to swap straight away I wouldn’t bother buying a Fatty Trail with a view to upgrading because…..

A) The frame will be worthless as they are selling them for pennies
    B) The wheels are Ok, I’d not grace a custom Frame with them
    C) Would you really move over part worn X5 parts?
    D) The finishing kit is ok at best and might not be the right sizes

rOcKeTdOg

got a fatty trail frame in the loft i bought for £119 in the xmas day sale, gonna build it up 27.5+ with 130mm fork for the spring as an experiment

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

I couldn’t be happier with my Fatty trail, I got the cheap one and once the crappy wheel bearings were swapped out for some better stainless jobbies I love it even more 🙂 now bring on the Snow 😆

cozz
    Free Member

got surly bud ‘s (4.8’s) fitted to my cannondale cadd fat 1

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘One One Fatty Trail’ is closed to new replies.