Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • One of these but not one of these ….. Please :-)
  • letmetalktomark

I like the idea of a long travel HT frame.

This Stanton is a lovely looking example of the sort of thing I mean.

The issue with the above is that they seem limited by the size of frames available.

At only 6’3”ish I found myself right at the end of the sizing of the Soul I had – I’m guessing the Bfe would be the same.

So what long TT’s largesh (20”) frames are there around that take a long fork and are at the playful end of the HT spectrum? 26” or 29”

The Ragley Bagger and its 29er brother look like the sort of thing I think I mean ….. 😆 🙄 😳

wwaswas

talk to Curtis (or any of the other frame builders out there – chickens cycles etc) about getting something custom made?

letmetalktomark

I had thought custom.

I spoke to 18Bikes a while back about a longer slightly larger Soul.

I went with a Solaris in the end but that wasn’t what I was really after so sold it.

Just seen the Bagger (as an example) is no longer available!

amedias
    Free Member

BTR Fabrications Ranger

call these guys, tell em what you want and what shape you want it, pay them some money, happy riding 🙂

they’re very accommodating, know what they’re doing and will build anything you want from very slight tweaks to their stock frames to full on custom jobs.

timmys

I’m 6’2″ and find my 18″ Slackline (55 mm stem) perfectly OK size-wise. I wouldn’t think a Slackline was out of the question for you, though it sounds as though you have done your research. I’d still think it’s worth throwing Dan Stanton an email for his advice. I’m sure I read one of mates/prototype-testers/sponsored riders was 6’3″ or something.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Blue Pig?

Cheezpleez

Singular Buzzard, Kona Honzo and Taro, Yelli Screamy, Quarterhorse, etc

takisawa2

Given your height, what about a Canfield Nimble9…

Charlie the Bikemonger rates them.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘One of these but not one of these ….. Please :-)’ is closed to new replies.