• This topic has 12 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by evh22.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • One of the downfalls of cycling/walking around town all the time…
  • DrP

…is that on the odd occasion I do drive the car, I have no ruddy idea where the traffic jams always are, the fact I should have taken the seafront route when it’s school pick-up time, or that my car won’t nip down the narrow alleyway…

I think I’ve become ignorant of the perils and restrictions of car driving!

DrP

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I once drove my MG down a footpath into the supermarket car park 😳 because I got so frustrated trying to find the entrance when I first got a car.

phiiiiil

Several times now I’ve driven home from work to find myself at the end of a road where I would normally ride through a gate and along a path through a small nature area. It’s a long way round when you realise…

wwaswas

an stwer on the London Cycle Superhighway…

mrchrispy

I’m crap driving in traffic now.
    Oh that’ll take me about 20mins I think……40mins later I’m sat wondering wtf went wrong.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Worthing? Never a pleasure but Lyons Farm/Grove Lodge is a special level of misery.

aroyalnit
    Free Member

I’ve picked up a few bus lane tickets in this way over the years…

bimster29
    Free Member

This is a common experience it seems. I also find myself trying to rocket from the line when I drive, just like my sprint from the lights (in that imaginary race) when commuting on the bike.

A tad embarrassing in a Mondeo estate.

chiefgrooveguru

This is why I’ve taken to using the Google satnav thingy when I am in the car – it has far more of an idea of likely travel times I do!

STATO
    Free Member

I can never follow anyones directions as I have no idea what the road names are.

njee20
    Free Member

I can never follow anyones directions as I have no idea what the road names are.

Really? I’m the opposite, can name virtually every road within a 20 mile radius!

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

I often have a “What the hell are all these cars doing here?” moment when i do take the car out. I haven’t managed to train myself to take rush hour and school traffic into account yet.

evh22
    Free Member

Was driving recently and I hit my hand on the driver door whilst trying to indicate with my arm.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘One of the downfalls of cycling/walking around town all the time…’ is closed to new replies.