Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • One of my slowest rides to date – hard work…
  • Keva
    Free Member

Wasn’t feeling too crash hot yesterday, didn’t feel 100% this morning either but really wanted to go for a ride as I’ve not been getting much xc in since the christmas break, just a couple of short one hour rides, a bit roadying and a swim. Felt good for the first 5-6 miles although the going was a bit slow due the the recent thaw and the amount of rain which fell last night helped mush the trails into two or three inches of icky mud. The bike was sliding around lots and the climbs were really taking it out of me. Recovery was ok but I was really having to concentrate and put a lot of effort it to complete certain sections. By the time I’d covered eleven miles I hit a block, a numb feeling started in my throat and I had a headache. Negative thoghts filled my head and I began to wonder if I could complete the ride. I picked up a bit later on but was well surprised to see fifteen minutes added on to my usual ride time for this time of year when I got back. I guess not doing much recently and the difficult conditions add up. Glad to me home and enjoying a big pasta dish ! Boy that was one of the hardest rides I’ve had for a while, but well worth it. Feeling much better now.

meehaja
    Free Member

I’d agree with you on that one.. we did a stupidly long climb for a "sweet" downhill. Sweet downhill turned out to be a fire road, into galeforce winds, with hail blasting us in the face. Slowest descent ever!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘One of my slowest rides to date – hard work…’ is closed to new replies.