Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • One night in Sheffield.
  • twohats
    Free Member

So, me and the missus will be having an over night stop over in Sheffield next Friday night.
    Even though I’m originally from just up the road in Leeds I’ve never spent any time in sheffield.
    Looking for some recommendations for good central pubs/bars and a good recommendation for a curry house.
    Ta.

opusone
    Free Member

Sheffield Tap at the station. Easy to find and very nice.

Mexican street food chef (more difficult to find but close to the station) is also very nice.

RobHilton
    Free Member

Does the runaway girl still exist?

opusone
    Free Member

It’s now called Silversmiths. I gather it was on Gordon Ramsay’s Kitchen Nightmares.

jsync

Wig & Pen is good for food. Division Street for bars. As said the Tap is good as is the Devonshire cat for variety of beers, has the feel of a carvery pub though.

twohats
    Free Member

Cheers chaps.
    A reccomended curry house would be good.

opusone
    Free Member

In the city centre, Aagrah’s on leopold square is pretty good as is Butler’s curry house. If you’re out Ecclesall road way then Ashoka is very good, or East and West on Abbeydale road (which is a bit weird but I really like it).

PiknMix
    Free Member

+1 for butlers, great curry every time I’ve been.

Pook

Butler’s (literally) went downhill when they moved down the hill IMHO. Aagrah is much better I think and better placed for central bars/Division Street. It’s a chain but there you go.

I also met my wife there

porlus
    Free Member

Only been drinking in Sheffield a couple of times, but really like the Fat Cat by Kelham Island. Great range of beers for a small bar. Super cheap no frills pub grub as well.

jackthedog
    Free Member

My favourite Sheffield curry at the moment is Maveli, a South Indian restaurant on West Street/Glossop Road.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘One night in Sheffield.’ is closed to new replies.